ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List all subfolders on multiple drives to text of csv

<< < (5/6) > >>

krksoft:
Hi, I am the author of Directory Lister Pro and I believe my software can do exactly what you want.
It can list just folder names (by unchecking the "File rows" option on the "Display" page).
It can list all the properties you want (these are selectable on the first page).
You can select as many directories as you want on the tree.
It can save the listing as an CSV file (choose it on the "Output type" page) which can be directly opened in Excel.
In case of any issues I will personally help you get the listing you want.
Various screenshots (including CSV preview) are located on our web site http://www.krksoft.com

/Leszek

stewcam:
@ krksoft - impressive; is there a discount available to DonationCoders?

krksoft:
why not ;)
http://tinyurl.com/q4bmj8e
if the link does not work, the coupon code is donationcoder

skwire:
Welcome to the DonationCoder site, Leszek, and thank you for the wonderful gesture.   :Thmbsup:

dcwul62:
@krksoft - hello to you - thanks for your input here.
I've downloaded/installed your program and have trying to figure out to get the results exactly the way I like.

a. name of parent folder, without... further listing of the name of any subfolders
b. total size of that folder (incl the size of subfolders)

In Directory Opus, I select all folders (ctrl-a), click tools/print, paste into Excel.

The listings look like this.

=
=

Directory List Pro - by default seems to add the subfoldernames, e.g.
J:\TestFolders\TestFolder-number-001\some folder

=
=

I have been 'playing' with Directory List Pro just for a very short while, so bear with me that I have not found the solution that may indeed be available.

- I cud untag all subfolders one by one..
- indeed the \subfolder names are not listed
- but the total size is not correct
at least, as far as I can see, but I might be missing an option here or there :-)

=
=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version