ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SSC 4.5 options GUI font INCREDIBLY small

<< < (5/5)

worstje:
I think it might even be the case that monitor have 4 subpixels per pixel, two of which are green - exactly because of what you mention with green being the color we are most sensitive to. And yeah, I can't recall seeing green either - but I didn't want to leave that color out because I figured that would just bring new questions I have no real answers to. xD

Compression artifacts are hell. I've done some video encoding, I've done plenty of research into codecs and all that jazz.. and I just notice everything. Practically, my biggest annoyance is with JPEGs and/or other undersized wallpapers; the blurriness ruins wallpapers for me. It either has to have a native resolution matching or trumping my screen, or I can't use it. People don't get it, saying it looks fine. Really annoying. Alas, that's a different conversation entirely though. xD

Vurbal:
I think it might even be the case that monitor have 4 subpixels per pixel, two of which are green - exactly because of what you mention with green being the color we are most sensitive to. And yeah, I can't recall seeing green either - but I didn't want to leave that color out because I figured that would just bring new questions I have no real answers to. xD
-worstje (August 27, 2013, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

The only configurations I'm familiar with for standard LCD monitors are RGB and BGR. I believe Samsung's OLED and Plasma PenTile displays use RGBG which is roughly equivalent to the chroma subsampling of YUY2. For PenTile LCD panels I'm pretty sure it's RGBW with the 4th subpixel being completely unfiltered backlight.

Compression artifacts are hell. I've done some video encoding, I've done plenty of research into codecs and all that jazz.. and I just notice everything. Practically, my biggest annoyance is with JPEGs and/or other undersized wallpapers; the blurriness ruins wallpapers for me. It either has to have a native resolution matching or trumping my screen, or I can't use it. People don't get it, saying it looks fine. Really annoying. Alas, that's a different conversation entirely though. xD

--- End quote ---

My first instinct used to be pointing the defects out. I eventually realized this is a case where ignorance is definitely bliss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version