ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Prevents programs from adding themselves to start-up.

(1/3) > >>

vbmark:
I am tired of programs granting themselves privilege to load when I start-up Windows 7.  I use a program named Codestuff Starter that allowed me to see and disable anything I want from loading at start-up, but the problem is that these rogue programs keep re-adding themselves.  For example Java, Adobe, Microsoft, etc..   >:(

Is there a program that protects all start-up places, including the registry, from disrespectful companies presumptuously making changes to my property despite not asking for my permission?

Thank you in advance.

Mark

cmpm:
I use WinPatrol, but you are right they will add themselves again. And I think WinPatrol is just telling me it happened and not stopping it from happening.

btw, if you are using Microsoft windows, it's not your property according to the Eula. Sorry....

jacquesrober:
I also use Win patrol. If you lookup the "manage startup program" tab in WP you can disable the startup from the program that listed itself and it will not actually startup. If you remove it from the list, it will reinstall itself again, but disabling it will stop it from doing that. It will still be on the startup list but shown as disabled.
JR

tomos:
I use WinPatrol, but you are right they will add themselves again. And I think WinPatrol is just telling me it happened and not stopping it from happening.-cmpm (August 26, 2013, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

WinPatrol gives you the option to disallow it (when it notifies you), but tbh I cant remember what happens if you do disallow it. Some apps will keep trying every reboot anyway. I vaguely remember uninstalling something last year because it kept trying to get in the start menu.

Just had a look - Adobe has snuck in there again all right. Wait: Codestuff Starter says Adobe Arm is enabled; WinPatrol says it is disabled. I dont see it on my list of active processes, so I hope WinPatrol is correct. WinPatrol is very lowkey, uses little memory. With the pro version you can check out processes online - has helped me figure out what's what on a couple of occasions.

Java, I uninstalled this year (yah! - in 6 months I've come acros maybe two sites that didnt work. They wouldnt have been worth it to me anyway.)

vbmark:
I found and installed this.

http://tcpmonitor.altervista.org/startupeye-monitor-registry-startup/

Going to give it a try for awhile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version