ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor Early Beta Release: v4.6.4 Beta - Sep 11, 2013

<< < (7/8) > >>

mouser:
I think i'll have the ObjectMode text context-specific to the tool you select -- that will let me add specific help on each drawing object tool!
That ought to help people using objects a little.

EDIT: DONE

cranioscopical:
mouser, since you asked...

Maintaining my reputation for being as thick as two short planks, I failed to read the text in that bottom panel (largely because I was in object mode already, so I didn't notice anything change). Once I did see it, it took me about 3 minutes to locate the white cursor (because it's a white arrow). 

Do you think that separating further the object tools from the other items on the vertical toolbar might help, i.e. introducing a larger gap between 'Configure' and 'Selection modes'?

Do you think that "You are currently in object-editing mode." could be made to stand out within the panel in some way?

mouser:
Good suggestions.  As far as locating the white cursor/arrow button, yeah it's tricky to find, but newbies can also click that big Close button in that text area too, which is what i suspect will be more common.

Again, i don't think this is going to be super useful to people who already know how to use the program, but hopefully a new user who feels stuck and unsure of how to get out of object editing mode will eventually see that text and derive some solace from it.

mouser:
New beta 4.6.3 uploaded.  Most notable improvement is to the caption tool (last button on toolbar); you can now use it to modify a previously added caption.

I note that you could already edit the caption text visually (double click in the caption object), BUT you couldn't easily resize the caption box size.

Now by pressing the caption toolbar button you can edit the text and have it automatically resized/recreated for you.

You'll also find a Remove Caption item in the Object menu.

mouser:
ps.

Please remember as always that Screenshot Captor is not Photoshop/TheGimp/PaintShopPro/RealPaint/AdobeIllustrator (!)

So if you want to do serious graphical EDITING and adding of fancy text and graphics, use a real graphic editor (and by all means create a tool entry for your editor of choice within Screenshot Captor).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version