ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (30/32) > >>

4wd:
Did you try it yourself? The redating, I mean.-dcwul62 (June 14, 2015, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is how I could see what was happening  ;)

You could probably modify your post and remove the archive now, saves people downloading a lot of renamed executables.  :)

4wd:
UPDATE: v0.3.1.5
Fixed: Wasn't properly migrating date when recursion was active.

zaaphod:
I'm very confused.  I can't get this to do anything at all..  I can't get the context menus to work, so I tried just using setfoldatefm from a command line with my target directory as an argument like this:

l:
setfoldatefm l:\test
or
setfoldatefm test

and it does pop up the window with options, but after selecting my options and pushing execute or execute all,  the window just goes away and the dates do not change in my folders.   I feel I must be missing something very basic, but I just can't figure out what it is.   I am using windows 7 professional 64bit.   Is there some other package or program I need to install to get this to work?   I came across this by doing an internet search, so if there is some prerequisite package needed to make this functions, I did not find out about it..  I looked through a lot of posts and can't figure it out.  I see some people talking about things like DOpus but that goes right over my head, don't have a clue what that is... maybe I need it?   

Please help!  this is exactly what I want to do and I don't want to re-invent something that seems to be perfected.

4wd:
I'm very confused.  I can't get this to do anything at all..  I can't get the context menus to work, ...-zaaphod (September 07, 2015, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you're only using Windows Explorer, you only need the SetFolDate.exe executable from the archive.

Copy it to a folder somewhere, (eg. D:\SetFolDate\SetFolDate.exe), and run it using Run as Administrator, (required to add the context menu to the system).

When the window opens select Install.  Install (No GUI) adds an extra context menu item that runs it using the last used options so no GUI opens.  The window will close after the installation.

Right-click on a folder and the new menu item(s) should appear.

Selecting it will open the GUI.

The SetFolDateFM version is really only for alternative file managers, (in my case Directory Opus because that's all I normally use), and uses command line args for the parameters, whereas the Windows Explorer version grabs the selected folders from the explorer window.

zaaphod:
Thank you very much for explain this to me.   I did get it to work I neglected to run it as administrator and, along with my misunderstanding to the intent of setfoldatefm.exe led to my confusion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version