ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (29/32) > >>

dcwul62:

I mean this...

=
DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder
=

=

=

Wonder whether the button should read like this now

d:\Directory Opus\SetFolDateFM.exe {ss} {Os}
@nodeselect
@nodeselect
@nodeselect
@nodeselect

=

4wd:
You're going to have to zip up your folder/file structure and send it to me since I can't look at it without something to work on.  Use skwire's Zero Zipper or since you have DOpus you can use my method.-4wd (June 12, 2015, 11:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

dcwul62:

Hello again, pls find attached  zip file.
I have just created a sub sub sub folder structure with some test files.
I needed to click on the new 'multi timeadjust' button twice to get the date of the rootfolder corresponds with the news file in the folder (12-06-2015)

Hope you will see what I mean.
==

4wd:
Thanks but I didn't really need the contents of the files, just the file/folder tree structure.

I can see what's happening, the change isn't fully propagating up the tree when Include Folders is set.

I suspect this is due because I haven't taken into account the new date of the recently changed (sub)folder, ie. it's using the date it obtained when the tree was first read.

It's easier to see what's happening if you use a dual pane lister with a flat view of the folder structure on one side.

I'll have a play around with it.

dcwul62:
Most probably you won't be able to read the files anyway. They are just for testing purposes.

Did you try it yourself? The redating, I mean.
If you are at the topfolder, likely you need to click on adjust timestamp about 5-6x
Maybe if the tree is less 'deep', say just 1 subfolder or 2 at best, then the adjust timestamp runs fine.

For me it is no problem to have separate 'multi-adjust timestamp' button.
However, I think what I suggested below (multiple rows and @nodeselect in between) is not the right way..??
Get a number of pop-ups and need to click "exec all' each time.

Anyway, let's wait and see.

If it is too complicated, if there is no solution, then forget it.

Thanks for all yr help sofar!

=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version