ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (20/32) > >>

dcwul62:
Oh, by the way ... it is perfect for me now (Opus)

where needed I added:

---
Select ALLDIRS
"F:\Directory Opus\SetFolDateFM.exe" /r {ss} {allfile}
---

Without using this, i.e. whilst using SetFolDate in the 'normal' (conventional, non context menu way), it works fine as well.

Have not tested it with Total Commander (donot have that) and also I have not tested it with explorer.
Assume it will work fine with those as well.

=

best regards
=

4wd:
See later post.

Here's an exercise in DOpus scripting, (only tested on DOpus 11 - actually it only works on DOpus 11):

--- Code: Text ---@script vbscriptOption Explicit Dim regex, file, folder, rencmd, sfdcmd, WshShell Function OnClick(ByRef ClickData)  sfdcmd = "%programfiles%\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\SetFolDateFM.exe" ' Full path to SetFolDateFM.exe command   Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")   DOpus.OutputString "--- SetFolDate ---"  Set regex = New RegExp  With regex    .Pattern    = "^([^\.-]+).*" ' Change the RegExp to what you want    .IgnoreCase = true    .Global     = false  End With   sfdcmd = Q(sfdcmd) & " /r " & Q(ClickData.func.sourcetab.path)  For Each file In ClickData.func.sourcetab.selected_files    If Not file.is_dir Then      Set folder = regex.Execute(file.name)      If folder.Count = 1 Then        rencmd = "Rename " & Q(file.name) & " TO " & Q(folder.Item(0).Submatches(0) + "\" + file.name)        DOpus.OutputString file.name + "|" + folder.Item(0).Submatches(0)        DOpus.OutputString rencmd        DOpus.OutputString "--------"        ClickData.func.command.RunCommand rencmd        sfdcmd = sfdcmd & " " & Q(folder.Item(0).Submatches(0))      End If    End If  Next  DOpus.OutputString sfdcmd  WshShell.Run(sfdcmd)End Function Function Q(s)  Q = """" & s & """"End Function

Get your RegExp correct and you can select every file and just hit the button.

BTW, you want to post your RegExp you're using on those commands?

Because I'm quite sure you could reduce the number commands you'd require.

eg. From this image here, you seem to be using 3 different commands presumably with RegExp Rename commands along these lines:

Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(.+)(-|\s)(\d{6}|\d{8}|\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{4})(-|\s)(\d{6})\.(.+)" TO \1\\\0

Whereas, a single command with the following RegEx should cover all 3 types of filenames:

Rename REGEXP PATTERN "^([^\.-]+).*" TO \1\\\0

dcwul62:
Up front: sorry for the delay. Watching Olympics yesterday   :)

Currently I am still with the latest v10 of Opus, waiting for the release candidate or final, which will come soon I guess.

I have a number of items in my context menu, creating a Filenamed folder to copy or to move to.

For files with
date-time
seq.nbr-date-time
date  only
seq.nbr-date

above files are often a number screenshots, e.g. of program settings, or actions, etc.

and for files without date

=
=

The regex things, they work fine.

SetFolDate works fine with the existing regex.

I tried with the other options, non-regex, but it did not work out there.

=
http://s528.photobucket.com/user/phwul/media/SetFolDate/SetFolDateNew-10022014120123_zpsbebae824.mp4.html
=

1st regex: Create Filenamed Folder to MOVE to... (Date+Time)
Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(.+)(-|\s)(\d{6}|\d{8}|\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{4})(-|\s)(\d{6})\.(.+)" TO \1\\\0
Select ALLDIRS

2nd regex: Create Filenamed Folder to MOVE to... (##-Date+Time)
Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(.+)(-|\s)(\d{2}|\d{3})(-|\s)(\d{6}|\d{8}|\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{4})(-|\s)(\d{6})\.(.+)" TO \1\\\0
Select ALLDIRS

3rd regex: Create Filenamed Folder to MOVE to... (Date Only)
Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(.+)(-|\s)(\d{6}|\d{8}|\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{4})\.(.+)" TO \1\\\0
Select ALLDIRS

4th regex: Create Filenamed Folder to MOVE to... (##-Date Only)
Rename REGEXP PATTERN "(.+)(-|\s)(\d{2}|\d{3})(-|\s)(\d{6}|\d{8}|\d{2}-\d{2}-\d{4})\.(.+)" TO \1\\\0
Select ALLDIRS

=
non-regex

1st one: Create Filenamed Folder to MOVE to...
Copy MOVE CREATEFOLDER "{dlgstringS|Name of Folder to move to...|{file$|noext}}"
Select ALLDIRS

the
           Select ALLDIRS

does not work here...

I have not yet testen your vbscript..  cause I am not sure..
Do you suggest I create this in the rename panel?
Actually I donot want to have too many buttons, reason why it is in the context menu with me.
Personally I think context menu items are much 'easier to work with' than buttons.

Anyway..

thanks for yr help!
=

dcwul62:

In the above ( TO \1\\\0 )   the  '\0'  is the foldername.
can this be used as a variable?
 I don't know...  :(

together with set fn and select $fn , like in
http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=15624&p=82452
or
http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=46176

Ah well, as said, I don't know..

dcwul62:
By the way, do you know a way to batch update folderdates based on a date in the foldername?
Like:
FolderNameXYZ 10-02-2014         with folder modified date 01-12-2013

then folder modified date to be updated to 10-02-2014

This is a regular thing, sofar I always updated it manually using an attribute changer.
(requires a number of clicks and is one by one)

=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version