ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (3/32) > >>

dcwul62:
This looks really really  won-der-ful !!

Thank you soo much!
This is quite a unique tool!

When the installer is used, can I then tell where it should be installed?
Based on the earlier version (I was not yet aware of this new release, as I am reading it just now) it would be:

F:\SetFolDate

and with below registry-patch

//

--- Code: Text ---REGEDIT4     [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Newest][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Newest\command]@="\"F:\\SetFolDate\\SetFolDate.exe\" \"%1\" /n"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Oldest][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Oldest\command]@="\"F:\\F:\SetFolDate\\SetFolDate.exe\" \"%1\" /o"
//

By the way, I always check downloaded files for viruses. Sorry, really no offence meant!
That is what I always do, with any tool.  Pls donot take this personally, okay..??

I do appreciate all the work!

GData and Bitdefender reported: Gen:Trojan.Heur.AutoIT.1
My Norton Internet Security did not report anything, nor my Kaspersky Internet Security, nor AVG Free.

What do you think?

Maybe it is nothing to worry about.

Again, pls donot take it personal!

Thanks again.
=

mouser:
I'll jump in here since this is a pet peve of mine:

When you see a malware scanner report something like:
--- End quote ---

That's it's way of telling you: "I AM A STUPID LAZY IRRESPONSIBLE MALWARE SCANNER"

The signs are there, you just have to know how to read the detection report.

You can tell by the name it's giving the detection, that "HEUR" means "HEURISTIC", in other words, a guess, a generic thing it found that it doesn't know what it's looking at.

And then the "Heur.AutoIT" is the final nail in the coffin.  What it's basically reporting is that this tool was made with the AutoIt language, AND NOTHING MORE.

So basically this irresponsible lazy stupid malware company is deciding that it's just going to mark EVERY tool on the planet created with AutoIt language as "possible" malware, and scare everyone who doesn't know better.

I've ranted on this behavior for a while, but it is absolutely irresponsible of these companies.  I can appreciate them being overly cautious, but they need to stop marking stuff that they don't understand as being "DETECTED".  If they want to show a window that says "This program was built with the AutoIt language, and cannot be further analyzed so it is impossible for us to know if it's safe." that would be fine.  But they need to stop pretending they have detected malware signs when they haven't.

These false positives happen all the time with the AutoIt and AutoHotkey languages, and it has a very serious and unfair detrimental affect on the usability of these languages.  I blame the antivirus companies almost entirely, but the AutoIt and AutoHotkey communities also must share in some of the blame for not rising up and mounting a real effort to get the anti-malware companies to stop this outrageous behavior.

dcwul62:

Oh oh ... pls... don't get mad, Mouser...

As said, I am very happy with this tool from 4wd.
It is a unique thing: if you would be looking for something like this (GUI based), you won't find it.
There are no attribute changers that can do this (only a very few, using scripting, command prompt things)

Also, I am not a person to offend / annoy anybody.
It is not my nature. Especially not when 4wd has done such a nice job!   :Thmbsup:

Maybe I have chosen the wrong wordings, I don't know.
But pls 4wd / Mouser donot get mad, okay?   :)

=

dcwul62:

Works very nice!!

It also handles multiple folders.

Minor thing: if one selects multiple folders but decide not to do anything, the small adjust time panels remain open.
One has to click cancel one by one.

It is no problem for me!!
Don't get me wrong.

Maybe in case of multiple folders, there cud be something like ; For All ?

Again, if not possible/too complex  leave it as it is!

It is great!  :Thmbsup:  :Thmbsup:

Many many thanks!
=

=

4wd:
When the installer is used, can I then tell where it should be installed?-dcwul62 (August 25, 2013, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

No need to tell it where the executable is, just put it in F:\SetFolDate then run it and click install.

Based on the earlier version (I was not yet aware of this new release, as I am reading it just now) it would be:

F:\SetFolDate

and with below registry-patch

//

--- Code: Text ---REGEDIT4     [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Newest][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Newest\command]@="\"F:\\SetFolDate\\SetFolDate.exe\" \"%1\" /n"[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Oldest][HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Adjust Timestamp Oldest\command]@="\"F:\\F:\SetFolDate\\SetFolDate.exe\" \"%1\" /o"
//
--- End quote ---

That would be correct but that reg file is no longer compatible with v0.2.0.0 since the latest version only takes one argument.  (It'll work with the later version but the Newest/Oldest argument will be ignored and it'll open the date option window instead.)

So briefly:

v0.1.0.0 requires the reg file
v0.2.0.0 just run it to install

--- End quote ---

As mouser said, it's just those programs being lazy.  Rather than judge a program by its actions they've judged it by the language it was written in.

Anyway, source code is included, one of the guys/gals here will yell at me if it does something it shouldn't.  It's only 125 lines and most of that is the two windows, (install and date options).

Minor thing: if one selects multiple folders but decide not to do anything, the small adjust time panels remain open.
One has to click cancel one by one.

It is no problem for me!!
Don't get me wrong.

Maybe in case of multiple folders, there cud be something like ; For All ?-dcwul62 (August 25, 2013, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, that's the way Windows works with the context menu - it passes multiple selections one at a time.

eg. If you select folder AAA, BBB, and CCC then use the context menu, the following commands are executed:

SetFolDate.exe "AAA"
SetFolDate.exe "BBB"
SetFolDate.exe "CCC"

Three separate commands sent all at once, so you end up with three separate instances of the program running.

The only way to end them all would be to have a button that killed any occurance of the process.

Unless I can find a way to get all selected folders all at once so you get this:

SetFolDate.exe "AAA" "BBB" "CCC"

You're kind of stuck with how it works at the moment.

The only other option is take make it use command line arguments so it doesn't open a window at all.  But then you need context menus to cover either every combination or the most common ones.

EDIT: I just noticed you use DOpus ... I've got an idea ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version