ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest/oldest file in the folder

<< < (28/32) > >>

4wd:

--- Code: Text ---(.*?\d{4})(?:.*)|(.*?)(?:([-\s]\d[-\s\d]*\.\w+)|\.\w+)$
You'll have to modify the first part to make sure it doesn't match names that would fall under the second RegEx alternative.

dcwul62:
Hello 4wd
a complicated one, I guess.
Today I restore a -lot- of subfolders. They got today's date of course.
No problem: I have this 'adjust timestamp' button
Opus: d:\Directory Opus\SetFolDateFM.exe {ss} {Os}

A lof of folders (maybe 80% of the 180) went fine and got the folderdates based on newest date in file.
My workaround is to go down the folders and then run the adjust timestamp on sub folders (or sub-sub folders).
SOmetimes it also works to run it a number of times, 3-4-5x
Each time I have to
select folder
click button
exec all

I don't know how this could be solved.
Fact is, in the end it is okay

Just checked on a folder containing some utility software, after the 6x time, everything was okay.

For me it is 99,9% on newest date.

Q:
1) maybe it is possible to have this as a parameter? i.e. I would then have a button that will perform redating on newest date by default (no need to click on Exec all)
2) Maybe there is a way to have this run multiple times? (e.g. 3 times)

I would then only need to click on a hotkey to have it run 3 times on a number of selected folders.

What do you think?

Best regards
-

4wd:
A lof of folders (maybe 80% of the 180) went fine and got the folderdates based on newest date in file.
My workaround is to go down the folders and then run the adjust timestamp on sub folders (or sub-sub folders).
SOmetimes it also works to run it a number of times, 3-4-5x
Each time I have to
select folder
click button
exec all-dcwul62 (June 11, 2015, 12:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, what I think you're trying to say is that the reason the folders didn't get adjusted was because they had no files within them?

Why don't you turn Recurse on?

You're going to have to zip up your folder/file structure and send it to me since I can't look at it without something to work on.  Use skwire's Zero Zipper or since you have DOpus you can use my method.

dcwul62:
Recurse is on, of course, by default.

Imagine following scenario:

X:\Folder

Select folder, click on Adjust time stamp, newest date, recurse tagged.
exec all

Nothing happens, do it again, and again and maybe again.
After 2-3 times, in worst case after the 6the time, folder is adjusted correctly.

So, what I am telling is that sometimes, on individual folders, I need to run the same adjust timestamp routine a couple of times.
In the end it is successful, for sure.

I would like to avoid doing the same routine multiple times.

So...
Q: is it possible to have additional parameters that does
a) the redate based on newest file
b) basis recursive=on
c) no deselecting the folder (until I manually deselect it, e.g. moving down to another folder)
d) does the job 3x

for example something like:

d:\Directory Opus\SetFolDateFM.exe {ss} {Os} {N} {R} {3}
{N} newest
{R} Recursive
{3} 3 times

to be honest, i have no idea where the {ss}{Os}  parameters come from...

I would then use a hotkey to simply execute the job, without any additional clicks.

Hope you understand, then again. I don't know if it is complicated.

Best regards
==

4wd:
Imagination doesn't help me fix what may or may not be a problem, all that may be the problem is you have something running that is locking the folder while SetFolDate is running.

If you want it to run multiple times, change the DOpus button by adding the command multiple times with the @nodeselect modifier.

{ss} - need source path (short)
{Os} - need all selected (short)

They are DOpus External control codes used to pass arguments to programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version