ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (287/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

iPhone users, do not try this potentially dangerous Siri prank

Interesting "stuff"

10 Maids Reveal the Weirdest and Creepiest Stuff They've Ever Found While Cleaning

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

How To Stop Someone From Texting You

Interesting "stuff"

The First And True Language Of America

IainB:
Digit: (digit.co) - an algorithmic savings manager.
A potentially seriously useful service. :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
(FAQ copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
Frequently Asked Questions

--- ---https://digit.co/about/faq
How does Digit work?
Every day, Digit checks your spending habits and moves money from your checking account to your Digit account, if you can afford it. Easily withdraw your money any time.

What makes Digit different than a recurring bank savings transfer?
Digit automatically figures out when and how much is safe to save based on your lifestyle. Digit doesn't require you to figure out an arbitrary amount to transfer every month.

Is Digit safe?
Yes. Digit uses state-of-the-art security measures. Your personal information is anonymized, encrypted and securely stored. All funds held within Digit are FDIC insured up to a balance of $250,000.

Does Digit cost anything?
Digit is completely free. You will see "Hello Digit Inc" transactions in your checking account but these transactions are just transfers to and from Digit.

What are Savings Bonuses?
Make money for saving money! Every 3 months Digit will automatically pay you a Savings Bonus (currently 0.20% annually). No fine print, no account minimums. Just sit back and collect your bonuses.

What is the Digit no-overdraft guarantee?
We believe so strongly in our math and our ability to safely identify money you can afford to save that if we overdraft your account, we'll cover the fee, up to two times per customer.

Where is Digit currently available?
At this time, Digit supports over 2,500 banks and credit unions within the United States.

Does Digit have an app?
Yes, we have an iPhone app and an Android app.

Does Digit work with banks located outside the United States?
Unfortunately, Digit is U.S.-only right now. We have hopes to expand internationally in the future.

Do I need a savings account?
No. When you signup for Digit you get your own Digit account which will hold any Digit savings until withdrawn. Any funds held in your Digit account are FDIC insured up to a balance of $250,000.

How do I access my Digit savings?
You can withdraw your savings 24/7/365 and as many times as you want per month. You can access your Digit savings by messaging Digit 'Withdraw' whenever you'd like to move money to your checking account.

What should I do with my Digit savings?
Some of our users have started a fund for emergencies, splurged on a trip, or paid down debt. You can also move your savings to other accounts (for investments or retirement) as often as you wish.

Have other questions?
We are always here to answer them. Please visit the Help

--- End quote ---

See also: The startup had helped users save $75 million around this time last year.

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Encryption Won’t Stop Your Internet Provider From Spying on You

I presume you will need to use end-to-end encryption or a VPN with it to avoid this.

Interesting "stuff"

Flying Fairy - Animated

IainB:
Ambiguous Cylinder Illusion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version