ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (265/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:
are you making the mistake of thinking that there is a pair of boots and a pair of horseshoes in the last line?
Or am I missing something
-tomos (September 09, 2016, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I think that was my problem. Details, details.

Edvard:
Oh man, nailed it.

What's happening here? 
Musician Patrick Metzger noticed this trend and called it the "Millenial Whoop".
Music, especially pop music, is based on patterns.  It makes new songs seem familiar, because you've basically heard them before.

--- End quote ---

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Google app turns smartphone photos to 360

Interesting "stuff"

Want to blow up things in space Here’s an app that let’s you do it

IainB:
Oh man, nailed it.

What's happening here? 
Musician Patrick Metzger noticed this trend and called it the "Millenial Whoop".
Music, especially pop music, is based on patterns.  It makes new songs seem familiar, because you've basically heard them before.

--- End quote ---

-Edvard (September 11, 2016, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I gather that it's called "formulaic music". "Musicians" have been using that approach for years, thus explaining the depressing seemingly moronically repetitive nature of a lot of the music - and there's apparently been a lot of not-so-subtle sampling/copying going on at the same time, creating copyright disputes. Every now and then though, it seems that someone with a streak of creativity or an unusual catch in their voice develops a catchy new pattern/formula, and then lots of copycats move in to ride on its coattails.
I guess that's simply what one would expect to get though, with an industry that seems to have adopted a mass-production approach.

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

In ‘Unfriended,’ Horror Unfolds on a Desktop Screen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version