ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (162/441) > >>

MilesAhead:
I just started using chrome x64.  I found it is honoring the command line switch I used in chromium years ago.
 --renderer-process-limit=n   I have been playing around with the setting.  On my Laptop n=6 seems like the sweet spot.  But I found setting Fast Dial to never refresh the dial thumbnails seems to eliminate the lag I noticed.  With a setting of 6 as max renderers and 6 or 7 tabs open it seems to hover around 8 or 9 exe instances running.  With no switch it was around 11 or 12.

tomos:
I just started using chrome x64.  I found it is honoring the command line switch I used in chromium years ago.
 --renderer-process-limit=n   I have been playing around with the setting.  On my Laptop n=6 seems like the sweet spot.  But I found setting Fast Dial to never refresh the dial thumbnails seems to eliminate the lag I noticed.  With a setting of 6 as max renderers and 6 or 7 tabs open it seems to hover around 8 or 9 exe instances running.  With no switch it was around 11 or 12.
-MilesAhead (June 06, 2015, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

hmm. I have 18 tabs open in Iron portable, and there are 24 instances shown in the taskmanager. Maybe I should give your suggestion a go and see what happens if I limit it *and* open lots of tabs :-)

MilesAhead:
-MilesAhead (June 06, 2015, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

hmm. I have 18 tabs open in Iron portable, and there are 24 instances shown in the taskmanager. Maybe I should give your suggestion a go and see what happens if I limit it *and* open lots of tabs :-)
-tomos (June 06, 2015, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

It may be worth a stab.  If it doesn't support the switch it should just ignore it.  Or quit with an error thinking it is a typo.  :)

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Chimpanzees may know when they are right and move to prove it -- ScienceDaily

Interesting "stuff"

True History - Wikipedia,

ewemoa:
True History - Wikipedia,
-Arizona Hot (June 08, 2015, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looks pretty nifty!

FWIW, there are links to an English translation and an audio book via:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_History#External_links