ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (123/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

14 All-American Foods That Foreigners Find Gross

Might be a way to get rid of unwanted guests, provided they aren't Americans.

tomos:
([dandelion cartooon])
-Stoic Joker (February 07, 2015, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

ha!  :D

IainB:
It's mosquito season in Auckland, New Zealand, and I got 3 of these devices. They are being very useful and are great fun and very satisfying to use - an electronic flying bug zapper ("electrocutioner"). NOT A TOY.

Features:

* Looks like a small tennis racquet.
* Is powered by 2 x AA 1.5V batteries.
* Power on and keep it on by holding down the press-button in the handgrip - a red LED shows when it is on.
* A little sparkle/flash of electricity, a slight "fizz" sound and an acrid smell tell you if you just zapped something small (e.g., like a mosquito), and the carcass of the victim can be seen trapped in the mesh.
* A bright flash and a loud "crack!" and an acrid smell tell you if you just zapped something large (e.g., like a common housefly).
At around US$6 or $7, the quality control of these devices leaves a lot to be desired. I found 2 out of 5 to be defective.
Sometimes, you think they are working (the light comes on), but they don't seem to zap anything. Someone with a good range of hearing (typically under age 30) can usually hear the whine/whistle of the capacitor being charged up, which is a sure sign that it is working. Otherwise you can test it with a small spitball of tissue paper dropped onto the mesh - the spitball should smoke/flash.

40hz:
Being a casual sport archer, I found the following video by Anna Maltese (archery instructor, bow-maker, tournament competitor, fire archery practitioner) rebutting some of Lars ("fastest archer on the planet") Andersen's recent postulations rather interesting:

Below is the original video by Mr. Andersen that the above is rebutting:

8)

tomos:
Being a casual sport archer, I found the following video by Anna Maltese (archery instructor, bow-maker, tournament competitor, fire archery practitioner) rebutting some of Lars ("fastest archer on the planet") Andersen's recent postulations rather interesting:
-40hz (February 09, 2015, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

much too slow getting going (I almost gave up on it), but worthwhile in the end :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version