ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (115/441) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Here's a broken link that lead me to a very interesting and informative 404 page.

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Does anyone here play Little Alchemy for Android or Chrome?
I can't comment on the version for the Mac, I'm not an Apple polisher.

Renegade:
Here's a broken link that lead me to a very interesting and informative 404 page.
-Stoic Joker (January 24, 2015, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

That just got bookmarked!  :Thmbsup:

IainB:
As a keen cyclist with children, I had always been in favour of the New Zealand law making it compulsory to wear a bicycle helmet. However, the outcome of that law is apparently not what one might have intuitively expected - according to a 2012 report from the NZ Medical Journal. I'd not seen it before. Very interesting statistical analysis.
Evaluation of New Zealand’s bicycle helmet law - New Zealand Medical Journal

tomos:
As a keen cyclist with children, I had always been in favour of the New Zealand law making it compulsory to wear a bicycle helmet. However, the outcome of that law is apparently not what one might have intuitively expected - according to a 2012 report from the NZ Medical Journal. I'd not seen it before. Very interesting statistical analysis.
Evaluation of New Zealand’s bicycle helmet law - New Zealand Medical Journal
-IainB (January 25, 2015, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seems like a good article :up:

Related:
I remember reading a report in some Sunday paper a good few years back that claimed that wearing a helmet while cycling led to drivers taking less care around cyclists, which in turn led to more accidents and fatalities.
(Sorry, no links. The statistics for that article came from France IIRC, & FWIW.)

I cycle regularly in the summer. I've found that if I cycle well, i.e. keep a very straight line, some drivers will pass dangerously close to me. So I tend to weave slightly to try and keep them more aware, and wary, of me. Not ideal, but I'm still here :-/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version