ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (105/441) > >>

MilesAhead:
I say this because I'm sure we've both been in situations where someone was throwing their weight around to get something really stupid (like a 3 character password) put in place.
-Stoic Joker (December 26, 2014, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um, don't tell me.  They wanted to put "God" like in the movie Hackers?

-MilesAhead (December 27, 2014, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about Sony keeping a list of important passwords in a file protected with the word "password" if the reports I saw were correct?
-40hz (December 27, 2014, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you think of it that may be bulletproof.  The prompt usually says "Enter password here" and we know nobody every follows directions.  ;)

Arizona Hot:

40hz:
^Very nice dancer there. Too bad it's so hard to tell.

40hz rant time! :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

What is it about these morons who film dancers? Why must they always do those dumb-ass tight closeups, quick cuts, and camera shifts? This is not an action film. It's dance.

The entire point of a dance is its continuity and line. And the movement through space. You need to step back and get the entire performance area in the visual frame in order for the viewer to adequately see and appreciate that. Shooting dance like it's some movie 'action' sequence - or like they also seem to be doing with sports lately - completely destroys that.

It's true that dance can be very dramatic. But that doesn't make it a drama - which most people who make movies and videos simply can't seem to grasp.

***end rant***

superboyac:

What is it about these morons who film dancers? Why must they always do those dumb-ass tight closeups, quick cuts, and camera shifts? This is not an action film. It's dance.

The entire point of a dance is its continuity and line. And the movement through space. You need to step back and get the entire performance area in the visual frame in order for the viewer to adequately see and appreciate that. Shooting dance like it's some movie 'action' sequence - or like they also seem to be doing with sports lately - completely destroys that.

It's true that dance can be very dramatic. But that doesn't make it a drama - which most people who make movies and videos simply can't seem to grasp.

***end rant***
-40hz (December 29, 2014, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I enjoyed and approve of this rant!

MilesAhead:

***end rant***
-40hz (December 29, 2014, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think they trained at the MTV school of film production.  More important than content is shifting the shot every couple of seconds to force the observer to refocus.  Supposedly this keeps people watching even though nothing good is shown.  The trick is old now.  I wish they'd think up a new gimmick.  :)

Edit:  Fortunately it's not 2015 yet as I've pointed this out at least a dozen times on DC.  New Years res. is to let it and similar rest.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version