ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (97/441) > >>

Renegade:
Laserhacker.com - one of the better alternative power project websites I've ever visited. I'm in the process of gathering materials to try out the crystal power cell project detailed here - and thinking of adapting the supercapacitor boost pack project for a friend's powerboat.

Check it out. It's time well spent.
-40hz (December 17, 2014, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dammit 40! I've got clients bum-rushing me with projects, and hard pressed for time, and then you post that and POOF~! There goes my time! :P

I watched all the vids there, and did even more research... and dammit... I'll have to spend more time in January! :P

I've been following John Hutchison for a few years, and this is an extension on what he's been doing. It's bloody darn cool stuff!

What I really want is a commercial version of all this stuff... I don't care if I have to build it myself or buy it - I just want to NOT rely on grid electricity.

FWIW - I've spent far too many weeks looking into all manner of these things. Solar, geothermal, crystal, wind, tide, magnetic, etc. etc. etc. My current train of thought is that the plasma cosmologists/physicists are on the right track. We live in an electric universe, and not a material one -- the material universe is just an illusion.

Renegade:
If you get off on math, physics, chemistry, electricity, magnetics, acoustics, sound, frequency, and music, you have to see this.

I already posted this in the music video thread, but it's just way toooooo interesting to not post here.

Like, FFS... Where can you see someone actually use a FARADAY SUIT?!?!

Faraday suit? Tesla coils? That's just awesome beyond awesome!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Standing waves. And standing waves of flames!

It's damn hard to beat that for coolness!

Be sure to follow up and check out the "how we did it" videos. They give more insight, like how video frame rates relate to what you see.

A FARADAY SUIT!

40hz:
Laserhacker.com - one of the better alternative power project websites I've ever visited. I'm in the process of gathering materials to try out the crystal power cell project detailed here - and thinking of adapting the supercapacitor boost pack project for a friend's powerboat.

--- End quote ---
You just sounded like "Doc" there!
-superboyac (December 17, 2014, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL! But which one? Who? Savage? Or the Disney dwarf? ;D

superboyac:

--- End quote ---
You just sounded like "Doc" there!
-superboyac (December 17, 2014, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
-40hz (December 18, 2014, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D
Why this one of course!

The Flux Capacitor!
LOL! But which one? Who? Savage? Or the Disney dwarf? ;D

40hz:
@Ren - if you didn't want to get bogged with Laserhacker, you definitely don't want to check out this guy's YT channel.

More seriously, if you're thinking of going off the power grid as much as possible, you'll need to know about the stuff he's demoing. Not sexy or bleeding edge like Laserhacker's site. But he's rock solid on whole house inverters and battery tech. Something you'll need to know about if you plan on disconnecting from the utility mains. Good product reviews too.

I had an electrician I know vet the info this guy is presenting. She said he is correct - but be sure to check your local electrical and building codes. Because some of what he's doing gets into grey areas - and may be illegal depending on where you are. And in some places, you may also need to obtain a permit to do it even if it does comply with electrical and/or building codes.

She said if you have a fire or injury due to code violations, your homeowner's insurance won't cover you. And you could also be subject to fines - and possibly some community service or slam time - if someone got hurt as a result. She said it's always best check with a licensed electrician before you start mucking with your AC or house mains. If for no other reason than to avoid electrocuting yourself. She said it's a lot easier to do than most people think.

She also said it shouldn't cost much ($100-200 at most) for someone reputable and licensed to review whatever you plan on doing and let you know if it's kosher.

8) :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version