ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (96/441) > >>

Renegade:
TIL: Brazil has some very prolific serial killers.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/12/12/389873/brazil-killer-admits-to-42-murders/

A serial killer in Brazil has confessed to killing 42 people for fun over the past decade, making him one of the country’s most prolific murderers.
--- End quote ---

Arizona Hot:

A Game Designer Explains the Counterintuitive Secret to Fun  WIRED

Renegade:
Here's one for those that love math, numbers, and computing. Or the ADHD OCDs out there. ;D

tl;dr - The leading number in any distribution of sets of numbers with many orders of magnitude skews towards 1 and slopes down to 9 at the lowest. And the rule works for any base (10, 2, 16, 8, 60, etc.).

That's pretty damn cool to know. I'd never thought about it, but it makes perfect sense.

40hz:
Laserhacker.com - one of the better alternative power project websites I've ever visited. I'm in the process of gathering materials to try out the crystal power cell project detailed here - and thinking of adapting the supercapacitor boost pack project for a friend's powerboat.

Check it out. It's time well spent.

superboyac:
Laserhacker.com - one of the better alternative power project websites I've ever visited. I'm in the process of gathering materials to try out the crystal power cell project detailed here - and thinking of adapting the supercapacitor boost pack project for a friend's powerboat.

Check it out. It's time well spent.
-40hz (December 17, 2014, 11:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
You just sounded like "Doc" there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version