ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (94/441) > >>

Renegade:
No, 'Gangnam Style' Didn't Break YouTube. We Did the Math  WIRED
-Arizona Hot (December 06, 2014, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apparently Wired has a loose screw. The title isn't remotely related to the article and isn't remotely accurate. I really expected better from Wired.

Arizona Hot:
No, 'Gangnam Style' Didn't Break YouTube. We Did the Math  WIRED
--- End quote ---

Apparently Wired has a loose screw. The title isn't remotely related to the article and isn't remotely accurate. I really expected better from Wired.
-Renegade (December 07, 2014, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I disagree. The story was about the problem YouTube had with the number of viewers of that video. It was a problem in the same way that Y2K was a problem.

wraith808:
No, 'Gangnam Style' Didn't Break YouTube. We Did the Math  WIRED
--- End quote ---

-Renegade (December 07, 2014, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I disagree. The story was about the problem YouTube had with the number of viewers of that video. It was a problem in the same way that Y2K was a problem.
-Arizona Hot (December 08, 2014, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll just quote one of the comments on the story:

And by "we did the math" you mean "we pointed out a technical grammatical error in the pouplarly buzzed headline, then spun it around for our own 'controversial' headline, to give a false sense of 'truth' to our article in order to bait more clicks."

And then you proceeded to recite the same figures as every other article that had already gotten to this bit of news, in an effort to drag people in for more.

And you succeeded. Well done. You baited the fish. And most of us stuck around to complain about how we got baited to boot. Double whammy.

Now please don't ever do it again.

--- End quote ---

Renegade:
^ Yes. That.

This is really nifty:

http://weedingtech.com/foamstream-weed-control/how-it-works/

It's a new kind of weed control that is non-toxic. For anyone that follows any of the news on herbicides, this is a pretty big deal.

Arizona Hot:
This is really nifty:

http://weedingtech.com/fo...eed-control/how-it-works/

It's a new kind of weed control that is non-toxic. For anyone that follows any of the news on herbicides, this is a pretty big deal.  -Renegade (December 10, 2014, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

And I bet the video is very effective also.

SpoilerI wonder how old she is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version