ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (44/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:

I was wondering if I had posted this picture, but didn't want to search through 125 pages of silly humor.

Arizona Hot:

Anyone here related to Eugene?

Computer may be first to pass Turing Test, successfully impersonating a human

x16wda:
-Arizona Hot (June 09, 2014, 05:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I only fool people about 30% of the time too... nobody confuses me with Wintermute...

40hz:
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I only fool people about 30% of the time too... nobody confuses me with Wintermute...
-x16wda (June 09, 2014, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just as long as Case and Molly don't, you should be ok. :tellme: ;)

40hz:
(see attachment in previous post)

Computer may be first to pass Turing Test, successfully impersonating a human
--- End quote ---

I think CBS may have jumped the gun in declaring the test "passed."

Nevertheless, Turing predicted by the year 2000, an AI system would fool 30% of the himans interacting with it. So he only missed it by 14 or so years if you want to accept this event's result as a passing score. I'm not happy with adding the "personality" of a teenage Ukranian boy to the mix. I think that might have skewed the test results a bit. (i.e. could 'explain' any awkward language constructs or grammatical gaffes/ possibly generated sympathetic attitude towards sim since the the plight of the Ukraine is so much in the news lately)

Still, it's an accomplishment. I'm glad researchers are still working on it. Not so much to develop an intelligent machine as to help us challenge and better understand our own thinking about consciousness and intelligence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version