ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (128/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

HERE maps for Android updated, leaves Beta - SlashGear

Interesting "stuff"

Watch The New Phorm iPad Mini Case Generate Physical Keys Out Of Thin Air

IainB:
@Gwen7: Just for the record, as regards possible gender implications on the subject of toxophily, there would seem to be an early precedent that it was very much a female's domain - as per the ancient myth of Diana (The Archer).
She became a firm favourite of mine when I was about 10 y/o, when I - as a budding archer and environmentalist - discovered in the Enc. Brit. that she was a goddess associated with wild animals and woodland, as well as being an archetypical archer. Some years later, I noticed that in SE Asia some wag had named an over-the-counter hormonal contraceptive pill after her, though she was also the virgin goddess of childbirth and women. I couldn't figure that one out.    :tellme:

4wd:
(see attachment in previous post)
HERE maps for Android updated, leaves Beta - SlashGear-Arizona Hot (February 12, 2015, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ha ha - funny people, HERE has just gone from being useful to useless.

Can't install it on my tablet from the Play store because the tablet doesn't have a "data carrier" even though HERE Beta is installed on it and works fine.

What's the %#&@%& point of being able to use it offline when you can't even install it when you're online or is it that they want to be able to track you even though you might be using it 'offline'.

Have to try sideloading it I guess.

EDIT: They've released an update that fixes tablet download problems.

Renegade:
As far as armour piercing capabilities, a 10-30 lb. draw will most definitely not pierce plate armour - and probably not chainmail either unless the arrow is extremely heavy and hits a weak link. FWIW plate armour is heavy.
-40hz (February 12, 2015, 12:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was one part of the video where I was just rolling my eyes. Like, really? C'mon... We already know bows don't pierce plate armour. That's why the crossbow was invented. The comparison is disingenuous at best.

While Ms. Maltese's snarky 'rebuttal' may be based on stuff she knows a thing or two about, her attitude kinda grated on me.-Edvard (February 11, 2015, 10:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ This.

But, I just took Lars' video for what it was - some good entertainment from a "magician", complete with wild claims, showmanship, and theatrics.

What might be good for comparison is to check out some interview with Jackie Chan where he talks about some of the stunts he does, how difficult they were, and how many takes they needed to do in order to finally get the shot.

Renegade:
Ever wonder why you never see any maps of the solar system drawn to scale?

This one is. And the moon is 1 pixel.

Hint: Use your mouse button click to scroll right... Or use the < and > at the top to go to the next bit of text with an autoscroll.

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

No screenshot. I'm not sure we'd have enough memory for an image that size.

Enjoy~!

P.S. Lots of fun little facts while you scroll. Make sure to read the last one. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version