ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (116/441) > >>

wraith808:
How do you fit a thousand dead babies into one barrel?

A blender.

How do you get them back out?

Tortilla chips.

NOTE: I meant to post this in silly humor.

Stoic Joker:
Survey data from Australia indicated legislation was a poor approach as it discouraged cycling—e.g. child cycle use fell 44% by the second year of the helmet law in New South Wales, Australia-The Article
--- End quote ---

Yeah! - WAY TO SUCK ALL THE FUN OUT OF IT MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The article's conclusion invariable ends up the same place this always ends up...which is: Stop trying to make people on two wheels safe(r) to run over ... And start paying attention to where the hell you're driving!

They really need to just carve "Pay Fucking Attention to What You're Doing!" on a rock, name it the rock of knowledge, and share it with all the people of the world. So the next time some jackass in country X decides that it might be a grand idea to piss a few million dollars down the drain on a "Government Study" ... The can just smack them in the forehead with the 'Rock of Knowledge' and be done with it for free.

It's the exact same outcome...for a hell of a lot less money.

I've found that if I cycle well, i.e. keep a very straight line, some drivers will pass dangerously close to me. So I tend to weave slightly to try and keep them more aware, and wary, of me. Not ideal, but I'm still here :-/-tomos (January 25, 2015, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

1. Bicycle/Motorcycle makes no difference in this context.
2. I've been riding a motorcycle on the street since 1977 (and bicycles before that).
3. You're right ... doing what you can to draw a bit more attention to yourself, helps keep you in one piece.

Arizona Hot:
Maybe this should be in the SF thread, but I think it will get more attention here. I remember a SF story about a man trying to get life insurance from an automated company. He complained and they checked it out and told him that when he dies, the world ends. Now he has the best healthcare in the world, but they keep him locked up. I thought of a possible sequel and I  wonder if there WAS one. Terrorists keep trying to kill him as an attempt at extortion, so the company and others build a generation spaceship fleet with the man as most important passenger. This way if he dies the world may end, but some people(very many) are  saved.

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

The straight poop.

Everybody poops. But here are 9 surprising facts about feces you may not know. - Vox

Proof that you should get a life

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Here Are 5 Women You Won’t Believe Actually Exist

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version