ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (110/441) > >>

wraith808:
Society doesn't have expectations of people. That feeling you get about what society wants is your brain trying to predict what people will like. So when you complain about society's expectations, you are either complaining that people like the wrong things or that your warped brain is misinterpreting the desires of other people. Good luck solving either problem.

Comment of the day.

TaoPhoenix:
(see attachment in previous post)
Intel’s Diminutive ‘Compute Stick’ Runs Windows 8.1, Costs $150
-Arizona Hot (January 07, 2015, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Supposing we let this brew into a "next generation", this might be a useful component for a fun (though slightly anachronistically mis-styled) project - "the computing helmet". (I know how Facebook did it, but how did Twitter overtake Johnny Mnemonic!?)

I haven't checked this year's CES, but the idea is that (maybe even coupled with the phone like the old days when arcades merged two entire separate computing sections for cutting edge power), if you have "computer goggles" that basically give you the computer screen in front of your eyes, then sound, let's say phone microphones, goggle-camera, and then you just have a wireless keyboard and mouse, you can wander into a cafe "typing into thin air". To me, why even have a laptop if you have a "quasi virtual" 24 inch screen size in your goggles?

As my early visual conceptions, I used a motorcycle helmet just because structurally you can brace all that stuff into a form factor that is sleek on the outside, aka you don't look like a Borg. Of course, you don't exactly want a Motorcycle helmet, they're designed for something else, but let's suggest for example a black Master Chief helmet.

So with one (or even a couple chained ones!?) of these compute sticks, wireless link to your phone in your pocket for the phone stuff, then it also gives you anchor room for decent headphones built in, in some alt universe I can forsee a new Starbucks crowd. Cops get grumpy about helmets, but I did manage to see an entire showing of the Watchmen in a theater wearing a motor helmet!

tomos:
Society doesn't have expectations of people. That feeling you get about what society wants is your brain trying to predict what people will like. So when you complain about society's expectations, you are either complaining that people like the wrong things or that your warped brain is misinterpreting the desires of other people. Good luck solving either problem.

Comment of the day.
-wraith808 (January 08, 2015, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

they've got a great word in spoken German - Yein - it's a cross between yes and no.
Society is peoples' expectations that have been enshrined in various ways, and made into the 'norm'. So, I'd say it's not all (just) in your head.
Otherwise I agree, and reckon the easier one to solve is what's going on in your own head.
Not saying it's easy though...

One new head here please ;-)

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"    Interesting "stuff"

Hello The '90s are calling and your flip phone is ready

40hz:
Latest project from lasersaber. :-* This is just the intro. The build article and video is on the way.

Don't know about anybody else, but this is the DIY solar project I've been waiting for. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version