ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (104/441) > >>

40hz:
I just like to watch shit run up hill on the odd occasion it happens.

-Stoic Joker (December 27, 2014, 11:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't. I've about reached my limit with all the nonsense. Both in business and IT. Glad I won't be doing this stuff all that much longer. :)

MilesAhead:
I say this because I'm sure we've both been in situations where someone was throwing their weight around to get something really stupid (like a 3 character password) put in place.
-Stoic Joker (December 26, 2014, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um, don't tell me.  They wanted to put "God" like in the movie Hackers?

40hz:
I say this because I'm sure we've both been in situations where someone was throwing their weight around to get something really stupid (like a 3 character password) put in place.
-Stoic Joker (December 26, 2014, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um, don't tell me.  They wanted to put "God" like in the movie Hackers?

-MilesAhead (December 27, 2014, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about Sony keeping a list of important passwords in a file protected with the word "password" if the reports I saw were correct?

Stoic Joker:
^Hay, at least it was just the one file. I've seen worse...much (much...) worse. Prior to XP SP2 blank passwords were allowed for network access. I've actually had to fight against disabling that policy to get an owner to "suffer" the "anguish" of typing their own initials - all lower case mind you ... And it was a knock down drag out fight to get them to use all three of them (Yeah, that's right...they wanted a 2 character password).

My father was often fond of saying: "Sympathy is in the dictionary...right between shit and syphilis". And I will love that quote till the day I die, because ... Some people really do deserve to get hacked.

Renegade:
^ 2 characters. Lower case. Fight for 3.

:huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version