ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Interesting "stuff"

<< < (402/441) > >>

Arizona Hot:

Tiny town near Area 51 braces for alien hunters

Interesting "stuff"

Turns Out A Road Made Of Solar Panels Was, In Fact, A Bad Idea

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Seeking Big A.I. Advances, a Startup Turns to a Huge Computer Chip

Interesting "stuff"

Google ditches desserts as Q becomes Android 10

What dessert would you have wanted for the Android Q name? Or for Android R?

Arizona Hot:
Interesting "stuff"

Google is decluttering Chrome by killing a bunch of features no one used

Interesting "stuff"

Google Play app with 100 million downloads executed secret payloads

Interesting "stuff"

There's a 'haunted' 149-year-old million-dollar castle hidden in San Francisco with underground caves that hosts events like Google dinner parties — here's what it's like in Albion Castle

wraith808:
I personally used reopen closed window quite a bit to quickly get back to something in my history.  I'm sure others used some of those menu items also.  It would seem more customer oriented to put in an option to edit that menu.  I suppose I should be ahppy that they haven't totally killed Chrome yet, though.  (Yes, I'm salty about Google)

Deozaan:
I can't tell from the linked article if they're completely removing those features or if they're just removing the menu items. I also use the "reopen closed tab" option (Ctrl-Shift-T) quite often, either after I accidentally close a tab and want it back, or sometimes I think I'm done with a tab/site and then a few minutes later I realize there's more I want to do there.

I'll definitely miss the feature if it's going away completely. But if it's just the menu item that is going away... I basically never use it.

Then again, I almost never use Chrome proper these days. Hopefully the Chromium-based offshoots I use (Brave and Vivaldi) will keep the features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version