ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Chrome’s insane password security strategy

(1/7) > >>

Renegade:
Judge for yourself if this link:

chrome://settings/passwords

Is what you think of when you think of password management and security.

http://blog.elliottkember.com/chromes-insane-password-security-strategy

I'm not going to quote the article - visit it - it has several screenshots and whatnot, and I'm too lazy to replicate the article here.

It's a good read. Do check out some of the links at the bottom of the article as well. e.g. Wired's response is basically, "Shut up. This is normal."

4wd:
This isn't really that new, people have been asking for a Master Password feature, (ala Firefox), in Chrome since about 15 minutes after it obtained the ability to store passwords.

Google's response has always been the same: not interested.

wraith808:
This isn't really that new, people have been asking for a Master Password feature, (ala Firefox), in Chrome since about 15 minutes after it obtained the ability to store passwords.

-4wd (August 18, 2013, 12:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess from the fact that no extensions exist that do that very thing that there's no way to lock down access to that URL with an extension?

40hz:
-4wd (August 18, 2013, 12:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Besides, it would be just one more thing to wring their hands over and whine about "not legally being able to talk about it" next time the NSA comes calling...

Wired's response is basically, "Shut up. This is normal."
-Renegade (August 17, 2013, 10:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wired is no longer Wired as many of us remember it - and hasn't been since 1998. Wired is now owned by Advance Publications and managed by their Conde Nast <*choke*> subservient subsidiary company.

Need more really be said?

:-\

Stoic Joker:
Wired's response is basically, "Shut up. This is normal."
-Renegade (August 17, 2013, 10:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wired is no longer Wired as many of us remember it - and hasn't been since 1998. Wired is now owned by Advance Publications and managed by their Conde Nast <*choke*> subservient subsidiary company.

Need more really be said?

:-\
-40hz (August 18, 2013, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

So you're saying that the downside of being "wired" is a matter of who's finger is on the button at the end of the cattle prod wires?

if <Kzzzzeeeeeerrrrtttt> (Resistance == futile) got it;

...Yes I've been drinking.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version