ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Scandalous Intel

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
I doubt anyone would be that foolish to screw with the mobile market. It's too big, too profitable, and there's too much scrutiny in it. The desktop market is by comparison a bastard, red-headed, deformed stepchild that the industry pundits prefer to ignore. Well, you know what I mean. They pay lip service once in a while, but the desktop is mostly ignored. The mobile market profit margins are insane. Nobody will screw with that for now, or at least until mobile hardware becomes a commodity, which the industry is colluding together to prevent from happening. And yes... it is a conspiracy to milk you of as much $$$ as possible. Look into it. Don't believe me. Check for yourself.

Vurbal:
I doubt anyone would be that foolish to screw with the mobile market. It's too big, too profitable, and there's too much scrutiny in it. The desktop market is by comparison a bastard, red-headed, deformed stepchild that the industry pundits prefer to ignore. Well, you know what I mean. They pay lip service once in a while, but the desktop is mostly ignored. The mobile market profit margins are insane. Nobody will screw with that for now, or at least until mobile hardware becomes a commodity, which the industry is colluding together to prevent from happening. And yes... it is a conspiracy to milk you of as much $$$ as possible. Look into it. Don't believe me. Check for yourself.
-Renegade (August 17, 2013, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shorter processor lifespans would be disastrous for their OEM customers. One of the reasons people are willing to pay so much for high end laptops is their lifespan and resale value on the used market. Low end laptops are practically disposable and their price reflects that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version