ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

*Email privacy and security survey*

<< < (2/7) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I know what it is, but I am not using it.-Jibz (August 16, 2013, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - Because all encrypted communications do is draw unnecessary attention to your activities, and regardless of what you use it's not going to stop an elite focused (governmental...) attack. So the bulk of it strikes me as a waste of (cycle) time.

app103:
--- End quote ---

+1 - Because all encrypted communications do is draw unnecessary attention to your activities, and regardless of what you use it's not going to stop an elite focused (governmental...) attack. So the bulk of it strikes me as a waste of (cycle) time.
-Stoic Joker (August 16, 2013, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it would be a waste of time if one were a business and it was used for securely transferring password information between you and a client, but in the case of businesses that deal with common people that don't have any clue what PGP or an alternative is, or don't have what they need to use it installed, then it certainly makes things much more difficult to transfer that type of information securely (which is a problem I am facing right now, and to which I have not found a free easy moron-proof cross-platform solution)

skwire:
Like others, I'm very familiar with what PGP/GPG is, have it installed, but rarely use it.

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (August 16, 2013, 01:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it would be a waste of time if one were a business and it was used for securely transferring password information between you and a client, but in the case of businesses that deal with common people that don't have any clue what PGP or an alternative is, or don't have what they need to use it installed, then it certainly makes things much more difficult to transfer that type of information securely (which is a problem I am facing right now, and to which I have not found a free easy moron-proof cross-platform solution)-app103 (August 16, 2013, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm in favor of the single use ephemeral "reset" password scheme.

wraith808:
I'm in favor of the single use ephemeral "reset" password scheme.
-Stoic Joker (August 16, 2013, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

What is this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version