ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cody Wilson Interview on Idea City (3D Printing & Defcad)

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
Cody Wilson did an interesting interview with Ideacity.

He brings up some interesting points, and also mentions crypto-anarchism. Those interested in privacy will likely find crypto-anarchism interesting. But he also goes on about other topics, including The Pirate Bay and a mention of Edward Snowden.

Here's a quick list of general topics he hits on to help you decide if you want to spend 14 minutes watching.

* 3D printing
* The Pirate Bay
* Edward Snowden
* Legislation - a good deal on this
* What is happening to him
* Crypto-anarchism
* Police state
* Freedom
* Politicization of 3D printing
* Leftist activism/politics (this is surprising and probably NOT what you're thinking)
* Why did you choose a gun to 3D print?
* General item printing - distributed manufacturing
* Rights and weaponry
* Lots more...
He talks about other things, but that's a quick list.

Here's the BIG picture - he talks about 3D printing as a revolution. You can't casually watch - you need to pay attention. It's a pretty heavy interview.

mouser:
Strange and interesting interview.

Renegade:
Strange and interesting interview.
-mouser (August 27, 2013, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very. It really isn't what you're expecting when you think of 3D printing, Cody Wilson, and printing guns.

I really like Cody Wilson. He addresses a lot of issues surrounding the technology that sometimes aren't always obvious for a lot of people.

Renegade:
Another interview:

Short. Don't bother clicking through at the end though.

40hz:
To my mind, the really sad thing is that there's been so many people NOT involved in the development of the technology or software who have done so much political posturing and trash-talking over 3D printing (Self-styled 'anarchists'? I'm talking about you!) that it's became a hot-button political issue a lot sooner than it needed to. Thanks for playing right into the The Man's hands people! Does the phrase "hook, line, and sinker" mean anything to you? :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version