ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why I Idolize Larry Ellison...

<< < (3/4) > >>

Renegade:
I don't know... I was thinking to check for something a little more psychotropic. ;)
-wraith808 (August 15, 2013, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, it's called "Oracle" for a reason. Where do you think the visions come from? ;D

Vurbal:
Ellison's first IT job was to develop a database name Oracle or the CIA while working as a contractor with Ampex IIRC.

"Once in The Company - forever in The Company," as the saying goes.

Need more be said? :-\

(Ok...maybe one more thing: He's a moron. Bright? Perhaps. But still a complete moron.)
-40hz (August 15, 2013, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's sadly the way brilliant people very often are.

William Shockley was arguably the most innovative contributor to the transistor but his near psychosis got him pushed out of Bell Labs. His persecution complex was so severe he moved all the way to the other side of the country and basically created Silicon Valley. A few years later most of Shockley Semiconductor's best and brightest (whom he called The Traitorous Eight) left to invent the microchip because he was living in his own little world. After that he spent most of his time and effort promoting Eugenics.

Vurbal:
I don't know... I was thinking to check for something a little more psychotropic. ;)
-wraith808 (August 15, 2013, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, it's called "Oracle" for a reason. Where do you think the visions come from? ;D

-Renegade (August 15, 2013, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get mine from the neighbor's dog.  :o

What?

Renegade:
I get mine from the neighbor's dog.  :o
-Vurbal (August 15, 2013, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? Does that work? I thought it was only cats.

Vurbal:
I guess it depends on your definition of work. Sometimes my idea of vision is indistinguishable from the ranting of someone who's bipolar.

You say potato. I say stem tuber from a perennial in the nightshade family.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version