ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why I Idolize Larry Ellison...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Would someone please check Renegade's back yard for a large seed pod ... I think he's been replaced.

Vurbal:
Not by coincidence Oracle has been one of the biggest spenders lobbying for CISPA over the last 2 1/2 years. Same for IBM who went so far as to send 200 executives to Washington in April to personally promote it. My reading on that is Mike Rogers, CISPA's primary backer, was probably making backroom deals with both companies promising big data center contracts.

As I said on another thread, when this all comes out eventually it's going to end up being a lot bigger than anybody on the outside realizes and Mike Rogers will probably be in the middle of everything.

Renegade:
Would someone please check Renegade's back yard for a large seed pod ... I think he's been replaced.
-Stoic Joker (August 15, 2013, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't worry, my child. One day you too will find faith, and perhaps even become exulted in His Holiness Larry Ellison's clergy, like myself, as an Elliphant. :P ;D The inner mysteries of the goodness of mass surveillance will be revealed to you, oh unbeliever, and to all!

Now repeat after me...

Our Larry, which art in the cloud,
hallowed be your PL/SQL.
Your application platform come,
your data server be installed,
in our data centers, as they are in NSA data centers.
SELECT for us this record set our daily query,
and forgive us our bugs,
as we have forgiven our junior programmers and database administrators.
And lead us not into ANSI SQL,
but deliver us from the FSF.
For thine is the data, the SQL and the query, forever and ever.
Amen.

40hz:
Ellison's first IT job was to develop a database name Oracle for the CIA while working as a contractor with Ampex IIRC.

"Once in The Company - forever in The Company," as the saying goes.

Need more be said? :-\

(Ok...maybe one more thing: He's a moron. Bright? Perhaps. But still a complete moron.)

wraith808:
-Stoic Joker (August 15, 2013, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't worry, my child. One day you too will find faith, and perhaps even become exulted in His Holiness Larry Ellison's clergy, like myself, as an Elliphant. :P ;D The inner mysteries of the goodness of mass surveillance will be revealed to you, oh unbeliever, and to all!
-Renegade (August 15, 2013, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know... I was thinking to check for something a little more psychotropic. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version