ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A new Dropbox Competitor

(1/4) > >>

wraith808:
Barracuda Networks is getting in on the bandwagon with Copy.  It seems very similar to Cubby (from Logmein) as you can link accounts to make use of a pool of data with multiple users- useful for corporate use.  I'm trying it out, but not majorly as I've settled on a combination of using S3 direct with Syncovery, and Cubby.

But space is space (this one offers 15GB free to start, +5GB if you're referred and install and per referral), so I did create an account.  If you want to sign up with my referral link, you can use this link.  Or go directly to the site and sign up yourself.

Deozaan:
Sounds neat. Copy was mentioned back in May, here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35069.0

wraith808:
Ah... I didn't see that announcement  :-[

edbro:
Most of these newcomers have a really great service but they are late to the game. I stick with Dropbox simply because a lot of my apps have Dropbox support. A few have support for Skydrive and a few more support Gdrive or Box but all of them support Dropbox. This holds true for Android apps as well as IOS apps.

wraith808:
Most of these newcomers have a really great service but they are late to the game. I stick with Dropbox simply because a lot of my apps have Dropbox support. A few have support for Skydrive and a few more support Gdrive or Box but all of them support Dropbox. This holds true for Android apps as well as IOS apps.
-edbro (August 14, 2013, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

As long as they support webdav, you can use them with more apps than it would seem likely.  And I'd rather not depend on any service in particular over a protocol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version