ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > MEWLO Web Framework

Mewlo web framework collaboration discussion

(1/1)

Renegade:
What I would really LOVE to do is find some more serious Python coders who are interested in being part of the team creating this.  It's a huge project and it's going to need all the help it can get.
-mouser (August 12, 2013, 04:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been watching from the sidelines for a while, and I KNOW that I am very far from prepared to commit in any substantial way.

However, I know that there are always a trillion things to be done, and many of them are quite small and easily manageable by developers that work in an office/nursery.

If you think that you could come up with a list of "mini-mini-projects" (like at the method or class level), I would be interested in helping to solve some when I had time. e.g. A database of cuss words and a filter that doesn't eliminate legitimate words, e.g. remove "ass" but leave "pass" and "assassin". That's just an example. (It takes a while to compile the database, and would be a great project for a non-programmer.)

wraith808:
^ Very good suggestion Ren.  And also mini-development projects that you can spin off to people that are knowledgeable but don't have serious time to commit... but do want to help.  Perhaps you have some defects in some areas that will just take a bit of time and know how, but that's time you don't have right now.  Spin that off to someone as a concrete bit of work, and it might be easier to get a bite on that than an open-ended commitment.

TaoPhoenix:
What I would really LOVE to do is find some more serious Python coders who are interested in being part of the team creating this.  It's a huge project and it's going to need all the help it can get.
-mouser (August 12, 2013, 04:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been watching from the sidelines for a while, and I KNOW that I am very far from prepared to commit in any substantial way.

However, I know that there are always a trillion things to be done, and many of them are quite small and easily manageable by developers that work in an office/nursery.

If you think that you could come up with a list of "mini-mini-projects" (like at the method or class level), I would be interested in helping to solve some when I had time. e.g. A database of cuss words and a filter that doesn't eliminate legitimate words, e.g. remove "ass" but leave "pass" and "assassin". That's just an example. (It takes a while to compile the database, and would be a great project for a non-programmer.)
-Renegade (August 12, 2013, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

A pair of favorites:
analysis and analyst!
therapist!

Honorable mention might go to Slashdot's popular acronym of
I Am Not A Lawyer. :  )

mouser:
If you think that you could come up with a list of "mini-mini-projects" (like at the method or class level), I would be interested in helping to solve some when I had time.
--- End quote ---

Good idea.. i'm going to start a new document in the notes folder in the repository where i can list mini projects that could use volunteers, and I'll try to think up some.

ps. I'm going to split off this part of the thread to a standalone thread discussing contributor ideas.

mouser:
We also need some t-shirt designs, as everyone working on the project will want one.

The name Mewlo is meant to be evocative of a cat giving a friendly hello.  So maybe an image of a cat waving hello, so something like this but more comical and cartoony:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version