ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Programming/Coder humor

<< < (12/41) > >>

app103:

Deozaan:
(see attachment in previous post)
-app103 (November 16, 2014, 03:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

And here's a similar one:

--- Code: Text ---public static DateTimegetYesterdaysDate() {        DateTime yesterday = DateTime.Now;        Thread.Sleep(24*60*60*1000);        return yesterday;}

Renegade:
^  :Thmbsup: ;D

MilesAhead:
This is my favorite bit of prank code.  On non-microchannel machines running OS/2 you could hang the machine using debug in a Dos window to create this program.

cli
jmp $

I think they finally virtualized the Dos interrupt flags in OS/2 2.1 which eliminated the hang.  On microchannel a non maskable interrupt would fire after so many milliseconds if the interrupt flag was not reset.

TaoPhoenix:
This is my favorite bit of prank code.  On non-microchannel machines running OS/2 you could hang the machine using debug in a Dos window to create this program.

cli
jmp $

I think they finally virtualized the Dos interrupt flags in OS/2 2.1 which eliminated the hang.  On microchannel a non maskable interrupt would fire after so many milliseconds if the interrupt flag was not reset.

-MilesAhead (November 17, 2014, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know it's old and retro, but I think I remember from one summer camp (maybe?? heh!   ) That you wreck the hardware of a BBC Micro with some bunch of commands that could even start a fire!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version