ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Programming/Coder humor

<< < (2/41) > >>

wraith808:

wraith808:

wraith808:

And more taglines:
Stay agile, my friends.

He sends Tweets without checking character count.
He thinks the sandbox environment is for toddlers.
His resume has never been proofread.
He believes merge conflicts are for highways.
He is... the most interesting coder in the world.

Renegade:
Bjarne Stroustrup) Have you heard about the object-oriented way to become wealthy?
John McCarthy) No...
Bjarne Stroustrup) Inheritance.

A Software Engineer, a Hardware Engineer and a Departmental Manager were on their way to a meeting. They were driving down a steep mountain road when suddenly the brakes on their car failed. The car careened almost out of control down the road, bouncing off the crash barriers, until it miraculously ground to a halt scraping along the mountainside. The car's occupants, shaken but unhurt, now had a problem: they were stuck halfway down a mountain in a car with no brakes. What were they to do?

"I know," said the Departmental Manager, "Let's have a meeting, propose a Vision, formulate a Mission Statement, define some Goals, and by a process of Continuous Improvement find a solution to the Critical Problems, and we can be on our way."

"No, no," said the Hardware Engineer, "That will take far too long, and besides, that method has never worked before. I've got my Swiss Army knife with me, and in no time at all I can strip down the car's braking system, isolate the fault, fix it, and we can be on our way."

"Well," said the Software Engineer, "Before we do anything, I think we should push the car back up the road and see if it happens again."

Renegade:
Sorta kinda...

Drinking the smartphone haterade: Apple Fanboys vs. Phandroids!

http://www.citeworld.com/mobile/22093/drinking-smartphone-haterade-apple-fanboys-vs-phandroids

Like politics and sports, technology can arouse strong feelings of loyalty and tribal identity. You're a Democrat or Republican, a Red Sox or Yankee fan, a Windows or Mac user.

For nearly two decades, that last one -- Windows vs. Mac, Microsoft vs. Apple -- was the most polarizing debate in technology. But Apple's huge success with the iPhone not only has pushed the desktop toward obsolescence, it has attracted a formidable competitor and rival mobile OS in the form of Google's Android.

Combine Apple's legendarily loyal customers with Android's dominant market share, and you have a huge tech-user rivalry. And while some Apple and Android fans can respectfully discuss the merits of their preferred devices, others are more pathetic passionate.

Microsoft Office for Android: Pretty, but woefully incomplete

So I spent a couple of hours rounding up some representative comments from both iPhone and Android supporters. If you recognize yourself in any of the comments below, cut back on the haterade.

Can't you see they're evil?

"Apple's basic objective is to loot you people."

"The level of rapacious greed for money, control and power at Google, and the hypocrisy and dishonesty they engage in to further those ends, makes Microsoft in its heyday look like amateur hour."
--- End quote ---

More at the link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version