ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

why would you want to buy PowerDesk?

<< < (3/3)

xtabber:
I remember using the first version of PowerDesk under Windows 95!  It was developed by Mijenix, an innovative company also responsible for ZipFolders and the FixIt Utilities. Mijenix were acquired around 1999 by Ontrack.  PowerDesk had included an excellent file viewer which it lost when VCOM acquired it and came out with Version 6, in 2004, IIRC.  Some of the original developers started a new company called Novatix that came out with a replacement called ExplorerPlus (which started at Version 6 and never went any further).

Although there were periodic patches, there was no development of PowerDesk Pro after Version 6 and I stopped using it altogether many years ago.

FWIW, my file explorer of choice for the past 3+ years has been XYplorer, which is constantly adding new features that make my life easier.

Curt:
... ExplorerPlus (which started at Version 6 and never went any further).-xtabber (August 23, 2013, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

-oh, I assumed it was the beginning of Explorer++ from http://explorerplusplus.com/changelog
(which I by the way would recommend to Midnight Rambler).

But Thank You all for answering my initial question!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version