ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

ANDROID: What app do you use to read digital books?

<< < (5/5)

Tuxman:
Probably it has none then. TBH, I never needed one.

ewemoa:
I checked the latest version (10.6.1) I was able to get and it looks like at least in three documents, an outline can be gotten at via the bookmark icon at the bottom right of the screen when the split action bar is showing.

ewemoa:
Tried out EPUB3 Reader via f-droid...although it still feels like it's in its early stages it has the following:

the app allows the user to split the viewport, creating two separate viewing areas, mimicking the familiar interaction with paper books, where, at the same time, the user can read 1) a footnote and the main text, 2) multiple passages from the same book, 3) passages from different books, and 4) the original text with its translation in another language, on facing pages.

In the case of links, a single tap will follow them in the same window panel, while a long tap will split the viewport into two window panels, opening the link target in the second one. This mechanism makes footnotes (internal links) or other supplemental materials (internal or external links) visible at the same time with the referring text passage, exactly like footnotes in paper books.

If the XHTML files inside an EPUB comply with the naming convention described below, the app is capable of automatically showing facing pages in two languages, turning to the previous/next chapter in both panels simultaneously.

Finally, the user can split the viewport for reading two completely unrelated eBooks.

--- End quote ---

Another nice aspect to it compared to FBReader and Cool Reader was that it seemed to make use of the contained stylesheet more -- I still use the other 2 too though :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version