ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

ANDROID: What app do you use to read digital books?

(1/5) > >>

Deozaan:
Hi folks,

I have purchased a few eBooks in my time and after a very recent digital book purchase I realized that (to the best of my knowledge) I have never attempted to read an eBook in epub or mobi format on my Android device, with the possible exception of the books I've gotten on the Google Play store (most of which were free/public domain). I'm not sure what format those are.

So for all you Android users out there, what's a good Android app to use to read eBooks with?

Thanks!

4wd:
FBReader - only one I've ever used since it suits my needs and was faster than any other I tried, (on my phone).

Renegade:
I usually use Aldiko. It's ok, but I'd like to know if anyone has found anything better. It's just a tad slow for thumbnails, which is a bit annoying.

cranioscopical:
CoolReader.
About a week after I put CoolReader onto my phone my Kobo went into a drawer and hasn't been released since then.

Deozaan:
I didn't even try Aldiko since Renegade didn't have much good to say about it.

I tried FBReader and Cool Reader. After a minute or two in each I decided that FBReader seemed possibly very good and that I hate Cool Reader pretty much entirely because of this:

ANDROID: What app do you use to read digital books?

Yep! That's Cool Reader's "Night Mode." How the smurf am I supposed to read that?

But then I realized I should have tried CoolReader instead. In fact, I intended to, but inadvertently installed the wrong one. So after a minute using it, I decided that it's not very good either. It's only a PDF reader, even though the description has text in it so that a search for "ePub," "Aldiko," and "Cool Reader" (and more) will find CoolReader. Also, it left a bad first impression immediately when I started it and saw that it was designed to look like an iOS app. Ugh!

So for now I guess it's FBReader for me. Thanks for the suggestions!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version