ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

RightNote 3.0 - 50% deal at BitsDuJour - August 12-14

<< < (4/5) > >>

4wd:
4wd: We do have plans for more elaborate clip handling along the lines that you mention.-RaelB (August 11, 2013, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

re: your problem. We do offer support by email so you are always welcome! There was a problem where the auto copy was not working in some cases. So we have now disabled this setting by default. If you uncheck "auto copy when clipping", then manual copy (ctrl+C) and paste (Win+V) works reliably.
--- End quote ---

I've been using Ctrl+C and Win+V which does work fine, clipping from my browser used to work - then it just stopped from any browser.  At the moment it's not annoying me enough to spend the time to work out why so I'm leaving it until I have to reinstall the OS.

rjbull:
it is a simple thing to add an option that will make the focus go to the new node.-RaelB (August 11, 2013, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, I'll look forward to that.  It stems from the way I've always worked...  and it's difficult to change habits.  However, in my case, it did make sense, because there were usually only parts of a page I wanted, and I needed to assemble them into a whole without too much editing.

Scott_Y:
Good news, rjbull. Another user recently submitted the same suggestion as yours in the BdJ comments (copied below), and got a positive reply from Rael. Nice  8) http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/rightnote?utm_source=SiteMail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1#comments68275

Brian W - Question: How best to easily manage where new clips go?
Suggestion: Add option: After Win-V to create a new note, change the focus to that note so that additional Win-A appends are added to that note.
Why: Typically, I will want to make several notes on one subject (win-A) but when I change to another subject, I would Win-V for a new note and then win-A to continue on that subject. If I want to go back to the first subject, I probably just Win-v again to create a new note, then later go back to RN to combine or file the notes, but at least all win-A appends are on a single subject.
With the current setup, before taking any clippings, one must open RN and set a focus, otherwise the notes could go somewhere unexpected.

Rael Bauer - @Brian: Yes, someone else has asked for this behaviour, so I hope to add it as an option for the next release. (i.e. move focus to newly created note after clipping).

rjbull:
Another user recently submitted the same suggestion as yours in the BdJ comments [...], and got a positive reply from Rael.-Scott_Y (August 13, 2013, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks!  I'll be pleased to see the advent of a merge feature, too.

Scott_Y:
I just want Clip to New Note: to automatically put the cursor on that newly-created note, so that subsequent Clip to Current Note: append to it.
-rjbull (August 10, 2013, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good news, rjbull: Your request is now avaialable in RightNote 3.0.4. In Tools > Clipper Options the user can enable "Move focus to new note (when add new clip)". I really appreciate authors who respond to user requests like that. Not only are our needs met, but their software becomes increasingly polished and sophisticated. Really nice.

I must say, the more I use RightNote, the more I love it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version