ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Database size

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
Interesting ideas.. let me consider..  i'm definitely open to the idea of supporting more ways of exporting if there is some consensus about which export options would be most useful.

dcwul62:
Hi Mouser, I coincidentally discovered that each CHS seems to create a new database folder. Is that correct?

My 'settings' are as per below:

=

=

but eh .. the below _really_ indeed what has been created sofar...  :)
(clipboard copy of the path)

N:\ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database\Backups

Am not sure how to correct this and/or what I have wrongly tagged or untagged.

The backup size, it seems a bit small, compared to database.

=

=
Cud you shed some light on this?

Thanks.
=

mouser:
Yipes! Something is definitely going weird.  Can you experiment a bit more and see if you can figure out what it's doing?

dcwul62:
CHS is creating a new database every day and then a backup of that database.

Database size

and a lot is 'double'

=

=

I am not sure how to solve this.

Guess, export all clips.
Delete the enitre folder.
Unzip the portable version again there.

It is the portable version and I first had it on another drive.
Thereafter I relocated the entire folder to another partition, created a shortcut on my desktop.

Maybe it got confused somewhere? I don't know.

I checked the CHS folder on the original drive, but no files have been changed since July, so that version could be deleted.

=

=
thanks.

p.s.: later, ooops, I thought only a thumbnail would be displayed of the foldertree and one should click on it to view it.
it is stored on Photobucket, as I felt it would be too big here.

mouser:
that is just insanity..

I wouldn't have thought it was possible to cause CHS to do this, so i'm keen to figure out what in your settings might be causing it.

But one thing that jumps out is in your ConfigDir.ini file, you should not have the \Database part.  it should be
N:\ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable

And then the program will automatically know to use the Database subdirectory for the database, and the main directory for its settings.

That would explain why you get one level of repeated directories (N:\ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable\Database\Database) but not the infinite recursion.. that's surely a bug..  i'll try to find it.

Meanwhile you can backup and then fix your ConfigDir.ini and delete all those folders and start again, and see if it comes back.

Can you also check the "Image Capture" tab and see what it says for "Image File Naming"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version