ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Database size

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Also you mention ConfigDir_Default.ini.
Can you check if you have a ConfigDir.ini also?

You should be editing ConfigDir.ini to customize it, and leave the Configdir_Default.ini alone.  It will work if you edit ConfigDir_Default.ini, but that file might get overwritten if you accidentally unzip a new portable version.

mouser:
Before you try to fix it as we've discussed -- i've sent you a debug version i'd like you to try, to see if we can identify the problem.

dcwul62:

a)  already changed the ConfigDir_Default.ini to
CONFIGDIR = N:\ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable\
exit relaunched

b) changed the folder under backup/maintenance accordingly.

=

=

c) managed to restore a database-backup

d) when I clipboard anything and EXIT CHS then indeed only
N:\ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable\Backups and
N:\ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable\Database

are being updated.

e) I noticed that all the files in those N:\ClipboardHelpAndSpellPortable\Database\Database\Database\Database\Database-subfolders, actually, they were identical.
I ran Duplicate File Detective and all sizes/dates/hashes are the same - I delete those - they are small as well, 12,0kb 20kb etc. and july dated.

f) I did not touch the
ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini
ClipboardHelpAndSpell_UserTools.ini

I guess everything is okay now.

My mistake by adding \database to the configDir.ini   ahum .. :-[

As always many thanks for the help!
=

cranioscopical:
Sigh sometimes i wonder how i find my feet in the morning.
-mouser (August 23, 2013, 02:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Tried removing your socks before sleeping?

mouser:
An important tip:

If you are saving to the same directory as the app runs from, as suggested by your paths,
then you do not have to put these hardcoded full paths everywhere.

In the backups tab of options, just put "Backups" as the directory -- no need to specify the full path!

And in ConfigDir.ini, just put
PORTABLE = TRUE
or
CONFIGDIR = .

There is no need to specify the paths explicitly unless they are pointing somewhere other than the location of the ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe.

Even if your ConfigDir.ini file is specifying an explicit path, the backup options tab can just specify "Backups" as the backup directory and it will go into a subdirectory named Backups of where the configuration file is stored.  The only time to specify a full path there is if you are putting it in some backup location on a totally different path.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version