ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

P3005 HP LaserJet printer questions

<< < (3/8) > >>

Vurbal:
The number should tell you the intended market which mostly indicates the expected number of pages per use, per month, and over the printer's lifetime.-Vurbal (August 07, 2013, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

That doesn't actually track with the HP's, some yes, some no, if the numbers actually do match it's an accident. I see the sales types tripping over this one a lot..-Stoic Joker
--- End quote ---
That's right. Now that you mention it I remember getting annoyed when I was trying to compare HP printer models because there didn't end up being any real rhyme or reason to it. I had one just for my own use in IT that was something like a 1320 and it was a low level enterprise model.

Tinman57:

Not too long ago one of the printer manufactorers announced a trade-in discount.  I'm thinking it was HP, but I could be wrong.  You might want to call HP and ask if they have a trade-in program for their printers.

40hz:
^Brother had a trade-in deal not too long ago for one of their better all-in-ones. They gave you something like $50 on any printer traded in. Had a client bring in an old dot matrix NEC. They took it.

Save himself $50 plus a trip to the town's electronics recycling center. ;D

HP has an ongoing trade-in program. What's eligible changes periodically so you'll have to check what you have against their list. Link to page here.

Stoic Joker:
^Brother had a trade-in deal not too long ago for one of their better all-in-ones. They gave you something like $50 on any printer traded in. Had a client bring in an old dot matrix NEC. They took it.-40hz (August 07, 2013, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Brothers are cheap to buy and expensive to operate. Prints per cartridge is not a bargain, and they're basically disposable repair wise due to their service unfriendly design.

HP has an ongoing trade-in program. What's eligible changes periodically so you'll have to check what you have against their list. Link to page here.-40hz (August 07, 2013, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

True, and they'll take just about anything...especially if it's another brand. We've "recycled" quite a few that way. :D

techidave:
I think Brothers are cheap and noisy, but most are noisy anymore.  I have had some Samsung Lasers that are preforming very well for us.  Cost per page isn't that much more than any other one especially if you get the long life cartridges.  And I haven't had to replace feed rollers in them yet.  But time will tell on that part.

A friend of mine has a P3005 in another school district and every 20,000 pages he is replacing feed rollers and seperation pads or else it jams.  not sure if they are genuine HP parts or not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version