ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

P3005 HP LaserJet printer questions

<< < (4/8) > >>

Tinman57:

I've got an old HP Office Jet G85 All In One printer that was my dads, and I inherited it when he died.  It's really quiet, makes excellent copies, and has never had to be serviced with the exception of ink cartridges.  The only thing I don't like about it is the cost of the cartridges, which is why I re-fill my own, but it seems that the cartridges are only good for 2 or 3 re-fills before they don't work anymore.
  If I ever have to buy a new one, it's going to be one with individual ink wells and that DOES NOT have the anti-refill chips installed like the Lexmarks do.  I used to be a real big fan of Lexmark until they started that crap.  Now I wouldn't own one if you gave it to me.....

techidave:
we used to have a HP Photosmart all in one, dont remember the model been about 5 to 6 years ago.  didn't get used a whole lot but we always had to replace the cartridges (genuine) when we had to use it after sitting idle for 9 to 12 months.  i got tired of spending $100 some dollars everytime they wanted to use to print 3 or 4 pages :P  but the excuse was we spent $400 on it.  some people will never understand1  :D

Vurbal:
we used to have a HP Photosmart all in one, dont remember the model been about 5 to 6 years ago.  didn't get used a whole lot but we always had to replace the cartridges (genuine) when we had to use it after sitting idle for 9 to 12 months.  i got tired of spending $100 some dollars everytime they wanted to use to print 3 or 4 pages :P  but the excuse was we spent $400 on it.  some people will never understand1  :D
-techidave (August 07, 2013, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
IME Brother inkjet cartridges are designed (probably intentionally) so that happens inside a month.

Shades:
Still happy using a "throwaway" HP LaserJet: the 1020...for almost 8 years now. There is a big refill market here and at the time I bought 2 "fake" cartridges when my original was gone. There was no way to buy a new one from HP, but the two fakers perform just as well and have been refilled quite some times already.

The printer is in a location that doesn't collect (much) dust, out of the murderous sun light and shared over a USB port into the LAN, which consists of a mix-and-match of Windows and Linux systems. All can and do print without problems.

Nothing but good words about my little HP "soldier".  :)

techidave:
One of my secretaries has a HP 1100 laser jet with over 100,000 pages on and is still going strong. Had the feed rollers replace one and another HP paid for fix, can't remember what it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version