ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

recommend an app to snapshot & restore a folder? (like version control?)

(1/3) > >>

ottenm:
Hey All-

Can anyone recommend a lightweight app that can watch one of my folders for changes to the files or sub folders and give me a restore/undo so I can backup to a previous version(s)?  Not sure what to call it, and hoping for something minimal (little to no learning curve).  I thought of writing a script to just snapshot periodically with WinZip or 7Z, but figured there's probably something a little more integrated out there.

Thanks for any suggests-

Curt:
ehh... are you telling that the particular folder is to never be changed? Protected?

40hz:
What's in the folder you're interested in. Docs? Or things like settings and executables?

ottenm:
It's my "front burner" folder, just a random collection of junk I"m working on in some capacity.  Documents, code, pics, some exe's, etc..  The files do change, so I'm looking for a backup/archiving app that takes and save snapshots so I can restore a file back to what it looked like, say, 3 days ago.  Or maybe restore another file that's been deleted.

Sorry if it's not making sense.  I know there's backup utilities out there, I just haven't had any experience with them and don't know of one that would save periodically, or whenever files change, without intervention.

Thanks!

Tinman57:
Hey All-

Can anyone recommend a lightweight app that can watch one of my folders for changes to the files or sub folders and give me a restore/undo so I can backup to a previous version(s)?  Not sure what to call it, and hoping for something minimal (little to no learning curve).  I thought of writing a script to just snapshot periodically with WinZip or 7Z, but figured there's probably something a little more integrated out there.

Thanks for any suggests-
-ottenm (August 07, 2013, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Comodo Backup (Free) will synchronize folders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version