ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anti-Tracking Smartphone Pouch

<< < (4/7) > >>

Renegade:
Well if "Nothing to hide" is their justification for this crap...I think we should get a few million people together and show up at the Whitehouse completely naked.

We put all the 300+ pounders we can find in the front rows ... And carry signs that say we'll get dressed when you stop being so F'ing nosey!!
-Stoic Joker (August 13, 2013, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Nothing to hide? What'd you say? Nothing to hide? I'll... Stop resisting. I said STOP RESISTING!" <thud> <whack> <k-pow> <oomph> "STOP RESISTING!" <bang> <bzzzt> "How's it now resisting the tase? Huh?" <bzzt> <aarrrgghhh!> "Hey, this one stopped resisting." "Is he breathing?" "Like I said, he stopped resisting." "Ok. I'll call the morgue to pick 'em up."

Great site - Photography Is Not A Crime:

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/

It's just bizarre how it's ok for the state to have this massive surveillance of people's public and private lives, and yet if regular people take a picture or video in public, somehow they're criminals?

I can perfectly well imagine the naked march there, and some cops opening fire as the first fatty in front reaches to scratch his butt some. "I thought he was going for his gun." Jokes about it being in front and not behind aside, I really don't think that's out of the question anymore, and I don't think I'd be very surprised to see a story like that.

Oh... I just had a horrific thought... I don't think I want to see that march you've proposed on YouTube...

Nice to see somebody else going along with my earlier comment that this isn't a tech issue were dealing with - it's a people problem.
-40hz (August 13, 2013, 07:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

As far as I can see, the "people problem" at its root is a "busy body won't mind his own bloody business" problem. At the core, the utterance, "People should not <do something>," is the core problem. A better utterance is, "I should <do something>." e.g. "leave other people alone".

MyungCalvert:
As you know that the mobile phone signal jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile phone jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4g cell jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.

TaoPhoenix:
"Nothing to hide? What'd you say? Nothing to hide? I'll... Stop resisting. I said STOP RESISTING!" <thud> <whack> <k-pow> <oomph> "STOP RESISTING!" <bang> <bzzzt> "How's it now resisting the tase? Huh?" <bzzt> <aarrrgghhh!> "Hey, this one stopped resisting." "Is he breathing?" "Like I said, he stopped resisting." "Ok. I'll call the morgue to pick 'em up."

Great site - Photography Is Not A Crime:

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/

It's just bizarre how it's ok for the state to have this massive surveillance of people's public and private lives, and yet if regular people take a picture or video in public, somehow they're criminals?
-Renegade (August 13, 2013, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep.

I'll also give you the topic of "Bait Car". Not that it's a good thing, but let's say in the old days you have an auto theft charge, you do six months, and then move to a new area - except employment hiring, no one really knows you have a past. But look! Now you have yourself emblazoned on a TV show made to be laughed at! (And copyrighted to them!) Now you can't go anywhere without being pegged.

But check out the front notice of the show: "All people in this show are innocent until proven guilty"!

Yep, like you said, do some civilian recording of the law in action, and no, that's "endangering the officer".

However, the real innovations in tech haven't quite percolated yet. If you do the "guy recording with phone pose", stuff happens. But get a cheap baseball hat and Chinese non-Google video glasses maybe with an "angle tilter", then you can sit in a cafe reading a book but the actual recording angle is the traffic stop outside your window!  You're not facing them, so you must be a good little citizen, right?

bit:
This hardcase seems interesting, but pricey.
I thought I read somewhere that if you wrap your cell phone in aluminum foil, it will keep trying to check for incoming calls and run its own battery down in a short time.
Or is that not so?

tomos:
^ I used have a cloth carry-bag that completely blocked the phone - it didnt cause any problem with the phone. (In case relevant: the phone wasn't used for internet.)

Might it also depend on the phone model though?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version