ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple vs. Samsung Goes NUCLEAR!

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Yeah. It's kind of like that. Thermo-nuclear 666 on crystal meth while riding rabid undead unicorn-dragon hybrids...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-05/apple-vs-samsung-lobby-spending-or-spot-reason-obamas-unprecedented-veto

See if you can spot, on the chart below, why over the weekend Barack Obama (aka the Anti Patent Troll-In-Chief) intervened directly in the ongoing patent dispute between Apple and Samsung on behalf of the Cupertino company (which makes its products in FoxConn facilities in China), resulting in an unprecedented veto of a decision from the US Interantional Trade Commission - an outcome not seen since 1987.
--- End quote ---

Additional links to more info on the topic at the link above. Just make sure to bring your holy water...

wraith808:
I like the first comment... if it happened before, then it's not unprecedented.  :P

Renegade:
This comment was cute:

How did Apple donate the money to Obama?

ITUNES CREDITS?!
--- End quote ---

40hz:
Hardly surprising. This won't be the first time a U.S. president has intervened in full executive capacity on something that either went 'against the public interest' - or was simply something the government didn't want to allow to happen.

That is why Apple, Microsoft, the US movie and music industry, and Monsanto's business interests will always be protected by this government, come hell or high water. Just as the US will protect any other key American business if it's in an industry where the US still retains general market dominance.

Such is the way of the world.

Good TechDirt coverage of this one here.

wraith808:
I was at first a bit Skeptical and Cynical about the decision by the Obama Administration to interfere with the process but I did some other reading and found this great break down of the whole dispute

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/08/05/samsungs-vetoed-push-for-an-itc-ban-against-apple-inc- in-pictures

and honestly I think they actually did the right thing. It looks a lot like Samsung is double dipping and not following FRAND terms.

--- End quote ---

I've been reading this elsewhere too... had to look up what FRAND meant.  So is it possible that this wasn't political... it might have that appearance, but perhaps it's also just the right thing to do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version