ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

BREAKING: Half of TOR sites compromised, including TORMail.

<< < (3/5) > >>

wraith808:
Still, it looks like a hosts/clients compromised, and not the protocol itself, which is a consolation, if small.
-Renegade (August 05, 2013, 12:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

A chain is only as strong as the weakest link.  So instead of trying to cut the strongest... you go after the weakest.  People are always the weakest link.  It's not even the hosts/clients that they compromised- but the people being stupid mixing secure and non-secure browsing.  All for a bit of javascript.

Renegade:
And since I'm in predictive mode, the next steps will be something like this:
-40hz (August 05, 2013, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you're bang on or close enough for it not to matter about any details.

I think we will see a similarly dismal future for "law" enforcement, food, over-criminalization, and a host of other things best left out of the Living Room.

Do you read any alternative media?

wraith808:
governments will deliberately act stupider than they are in order to encourage such activities and identify those involved in it.
-40hz (August 05, 2013, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's been going on for a while.  Back in the 80s, you might have legitimately been able to say that they had not kept up, and weren't effective.  That's what the MO was- to use that perception to hide their proficiency and scout their opposition.  They've become surprisingly blatant and/or lazy as of late.  An operation like this shouldn't have been revealed.  I'm not sure if everyone is catching up, and it's becoming harder, or if it's truly that they think there's no need to hide.  If it's the first, then that's a start.  If it's the latter... well, then I hope that pride is going before the fall.  But it's really looking like they're right... and that they can come in from the cold.

40hz:
-Renegade (August 05, 2013, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seldom. Or at least not deliberately/

I just read. A lot. Of anything I can get my hands on. I'm sort of with Charles Forte who suggested we need to look at everything - and not just throw out the stuff that doesn't fit in with what we either "know" or believe to be possible. "Catalog everything. Then file it away for future review and correlation." he used to say.

Do that long enough and patterns and connections start emerging. Patterns and connections that often get confirmed as being accurate by the events which follow. In time it becomes crystal clear what forces are at work for what ends. After that, it gets very depressing. ;)

So no, I don't consciously seek out alternative reporting. I just read. And I ignore conspiracy theories and simply wait for the wheels within wheels to reveal themselves.

(Note: I got nothing against conspiracy theories per se. It's just that I can spin far more creative and scarier conspiracy theories than any I've ever be told. So if I feel the need for one, I'll just come up with one on my own. >:D)

Renegade:
-Renegade (August 05, 2013, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Seldom. Or at least not deliberately/

I just read. A lot. Of anything I can get my hands on. I'm sort of with Charles Forte who suggested we need to look at everything - and not just throw out the stuff that doesn't fit in with what we either "know" or believe to be possible. "Catalog everything. Then file it away for future review and correlation." he used to say.

Do that long enough and patterns and connections start emerging. Patterns and connections that often get confirmed as being accurate by the events which follow. In time it becomes crystal clear what forces are at work for what ends. After that, it gets very depressing. ;)

So no, I don't consciously seek out alternative reporting. I just read. And I ignore conspiracy theories and simply wait for the wheels within wheels to reveal themselves.

(Note: I got nothing against conspiracy theories per se. It's just that I can spin far more creative and scarier conspiracy theories than any I've ever be told. So if I feel the need for one, I'll just come up with one on my own. >:D)
-40hz (August 05, 2013, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

You really should try more alternative media. You might be surprised at what you read/find.

The vast majority of alternative media is just reporting that short tidbit you get in the MSM on page 47. A lot have extensive commentary. You will find few "conspiracy theories" in alternative media.

What's really messed up is you have these guys pointing out basic facts available to anyone, and a MASSIVE number of people screaming about how they are lunatics. At the end of the day, it's just that kid saying, "The Emperor has no clothes." But, somehow that's still taboo. (What's really messed up is how the people screaming at the "conspiracy theorists" are the same ones praising how beautiful the Emperor's clothes are.)

Now, if *I* were to spin out a conspiracy theory, you'd better bet for damn sure that it would involve elder gods better left unnamed that are entering our universe though dedicated minions spread throughout the globe and that some of them have spawned with human beings, and now walk among us...

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

We will wake the great sleeper, and you will feel his slumber break...

http://goo.gl/maps/iSaOn

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/gigantic-pentagram-found-in-kazakhstan-can-be-seen-in-google-maps/

IƤ! Shub-Niggurath!

You will know the Black Goat of the Woods!

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version