ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Semi-happy ending to 'The Doom that Came to Atlantic City' Kickstarter campaign

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
Oh... another post on a BGG thread... very interesting look at the other side, and it seems that what I was saying is true... he's clamming up under legal counsel.
-wraith808 (August 03, 2013, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Reads like a character reference being presented during a sentencing hearing.

Out of curiosity, did this person leave a verifiable name to confirm it with?

Maybe it is legit what he's saying (even if most of what is being said has no relevance to the accusations) or maybe it's just some character astroturfing and an attempt at a little spin control.

In the end it will all come out.

It always does.

(Even if you're as shielded and powerful as the NSA. ;D )

Let's give this Erik person the benefit of the doubt until it does. 8)

wraith808:
And a list of controversial or fraudulent boardgame kickstarters: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/160421/controversial-or-fraudulent-kickstarters

Three of interest...

Katalyka - That woman is just plain bonkers.  If you go to the kickstarter and read the updates, you'll see what I mean.  An example:
Just wanted to contact everyone and let you all know what's going on.

It seems like the spiritual collaboration I am working with was able to work out an understanding with the military and some other various groups over the last few weeks, and things are feeling very positive for the future!

All the paper supplies are still safely in a climate controlled storage while I am saving up some money to purchase ink for printing with a different printer than I had budgeted for.

I'm not having troubles with hyperdimensional plasma attacks any more, so the only problem left to resolve is that I had budgeted for using the 4 color laser printer, and it turned out that I have to use an inkjet (for the card decks ONLY) instead, which will cost a bit more than I had budgeted for.  But I'm well along the way to having the new ink budget, so once I am back in Washington state, I should be able to print up the decks without any more issues.

--- End quote ---

Purge

Apparently, the creators were arrested for arson?!?

Glory to Rome - The creator fulfilled everything... but lost his job and home in order to do so.

TaoPhoenix:

Yay, great phrases!

I can proudly state I am not subject to hyper-dimensional plasma attacks!
:D

TaoPhoenix:
On another note, I once spent an entertaining day reading Kickstarter proposed projects, particularly the low end ones.

What strikes me as odd is that some entity with bigger pockets hasn't jumped in to "own" the scene from the Buyer's side.
A. A "mere" $5 million could fund hundreds of projects. (Thousands if you add some of the cute little ones that only want $500 etc.)
B. An enforcement arm with a process server, so that you don't keep getting those stories about "creator was never heard from again."
C. If a creator legit presents problems, as a Business Consultant to fix stuff. Also, as an "incubator" to pre-plan stuff for people so that all these delays can kick around before the "clock starts ticking".
D. Getting other backers because they know that "DeathStar Gaming Finance" is involved.

Your choice of a few nice/ominous Star Wars quotes!

Sample snip:
(Creator trying to make a card game.)
Creator: "Blah Blah Delay Blah Blah Production Problems."
DGF: "Hello Creator. What is the production problem?"
Creator: "I'm supposed to get my proofs to review but they haven't arrived yet."
DGF: "Hmm. Joe at Carta Mundi printers says that you submitted an invalid proof file by failing to follow their spec instructions."
Creator: "Uhhh... I'll get right to work making a new file!"

Which reminds me: "I haven't had this quarter's episode of reading Kickstarters, so off I go! I'll probably make a new thread for more general Kickstarter topics.

Vurbal:
I'm disappointed the Death Star Kickstarter didn't make it. I really wanted to see a Raspberry Pi beowulf cluster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version