ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet Speed Test

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
As usual, 10 gigs....-Tinman57 (August 03, 2013, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Per month?   :(

Tinman57:
As usual, 10 gigs....-Tinman57 (August 03, 2013, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Per month?   :(
-skwire (August 03, 2013, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah.  No big deal because even if I did use my allowance, throttling me back half way and I'm still on a fast internet connection.   8)

linguistixx:
Speed of the internet itself is one thing, Speed of a certain website is the other thing :=) you can check the speed of your (or any) website with pingdom tools. It is a very handy tool and offers some nice features. just google it and check it out if you are interested in website speed.

regards

Marcel

Tinman57:
Speed of the internet itself is one thing, Speed of a certain website is the other thing :=) you can check the speed of your (or any) website with pingdom tools. It is a very handy tool and offers some nice features. just google it and check it out if you are interested in website speed.

regards

Marcel -linguistixx (August 07, 2013, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Uh....yeah, which is why I ran it on 4 different sites as stated above.....  I also checked it from several different servers in the Southern U.S..

The important thing here is that I've got a really good bandwidth.  If I should come across a slower bandwidth problem then I'll know it's not from my end but from the particular website I'm trying to access.  All the bandwidth in the world isn't going to do you any good if the website your trying to connect to is bogged down from internet traffic.  I also have some tools to look for bottlenecks if I should want to check a slow connection, but I find it's faster just to take a look at another website and see if there's a bandwidth problem from my end.

Stoic Joker:
All the bandwidth in the world isn't going to do you any good if the website your trying to connect to is bogged down from internet traffic.  I also have some tools to look for bottlenecks if I should want to check a slow connection, but I find it's faster just to take a look at another website and see if there's a bandwidth problem from my end.-Tinman57 (August 07, 2013, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nailed it!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version