ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SOLVED: How to get rid of underlined entries in Q-Dir

(1/1)

peter.s:
For Q-Dir, there is a common problem with partial underlining, depending on the settings for "compute directory size". This problem is addressed wherever you search for "Q-Dir underline".

I am NOT speaking of this particular problem. I am speaking of the GENERAL problem that EVERY entry in Q-Dir is underlined FULL-LENGTH in my system (XP) where every other file manager I bought does NOT underline these entries, be it folders or files.

Of course I asked the developer, but he did not respond, just deleted my question from his blog, and there is no answer to my question world-wide, and it goes without saying that I spent HOURS with trying to get rid of this underlining.

So I would delete this Q-Dir shidt from my system, was it not for its being able to display 4 (!) different folders simultaneously, which is not possible with any of my expensive, paid file managers.

Hence my question here how to get rid of general underlining of every entry, folder or file, in Q-Dir.

Thank you!

Do you know other web sites where I could post such a question? I already did on superuser.com, but don't know any other.

MilesAhead:
I have only dabbled with Q-Dir off and on. I too like the 4 pane paradigm. Have you tried playing around with various versions?  When I was using it the developer seemed to release a new minor version every few days/weeks.  Maybe you could find one close to new but without the flaw.

peter.s:
I am not even sure it is a bug, it could be a "feature", since in the Windows Explorer it's likewise, but not in any of paid file managers, and as my screenshot shows, it is horrible.

peter.s:
This is perhaps even a better way to answer my initial question:

- How comes every entry in Windows Explorer is underlined, and how to get rid of that?

- And perhaps then do similar for Q-Dir, or even, with step 1 this problem should already have been solved altogether, since Q-Dir is said to mimick Explorer as far as it is possible, so it might get / actively fetch some settings from it.

SOLVED:
Well, that was the right idea. I changed the "Folders Display Settings" within Explorer, and that got me rid of underlined entries within Q-Dir, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version