ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Music player for FLAC files with multiple columns for albums?

<< < (3/5) > >>

HankFriedman:
Even Windows explorer panes show multiple columns and scroll bars simultaneously in the available space

skwire:
What about a music player that had the play-stop-pause buttons on the top of the screen and left the rest of the screen for displaying artists (i.e. in a large space) with scroll bars for overflow.-HankFriedman (August 02, 2013, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Even Windows explorer panes show multiple columns and scroll bars simultaneously in the available space
-HankFriedman (August 02, 2013, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I know.  It's a matter of putting a listview into "small icons" or "list" mode.  However, you don't "play" an artist folder.  You play individual music files so, at some point, you're going to have to browse to that level of a given folder structure.  Designing an interface to do that is sort of like re-inventing the wheel since most any file manager can do what you're describing.  I mean, what's wrong with using, say, Windows Explorer to browse through your file structure and then loading up what you want in whatever player you feel comfortable with?

HankFriedman:
Yes, you're right. If there was a player built into an explorer replacement, that would completely do the trick!

Is there?

skwire:
There are several third-party file managers that will play audio files directly within their interfaces.  The problem that you're going to run into is that they do not have any sort of playlist handling.  That is, they will play a single file just fine but don't offer any mechanism by which to queue up multiple files for playback.  In other words, this type of functionality is mainly meant for quickly previewing a file.

HankFriedman:
If they allow selecting several files at once (with shift or CTRL) that might be enough.

I've been searching for them and couldn't find any yet, so if you could point me to one or two, I'd appreciate it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version